26. Try me

Jewel.

I was awakened out of my sleep by August. I squinted my eyes as I grabbed my phone to look at the time which read 3:48 A.M. August passed out next to me, I gave him a weird look as I smelled nothing but alcohol and weed. I sat up in the bed and shook August who groaned.

"What Jewel?" His words slurred.

"So now I'm Jewel huh? August what the hell are you doing coming at almost 4 in the morning?"

I folded my arms. "And on top of that you never responded to my text."

August threw the pillow over his head. "My phone died man, Can we talk bout this in the morning I ain' even gon lie to you right na' I'm faded."

I shook my head. "It is the morning, I guess you mean in the afternoon when your ass wake up." I scoffed as I pushed August over towards the edge of the bed I ain't want him no where near me right now.

* * *

August.

I jumped as I felt cold water poured on top of me. My eyes widened once I seen Jewel standing above me with a big ass pan.

"Jewel what the fuck."

Jewel threw the pan on the floor and yanked me by my shirt.

"Get your ass up August I'm not playing with you."

I felt anger build up inside of me. If Jewel was a man I would knock the shit out of her right now, but my mama raised me to never hit a female and I never will.

"Touch me again like that and imma mop the flo' witcha pregnant ass."

Jewel mouth dropped. "How dare you talk to me like that."

I slowly got up pulling my soaking wet shirt above my head.

"Wassup Jewel, what da fuck is your problem?"

Jewel folded her arms and sucked her teeth. "I should be asking you that."

I rubbed my temples, I have a migraine right now. I think I drunk to much last night fuckin' round wit Chris crazy ass.

"You said we were going to talk when you wake up. I woke your ass up now talk." Jewel scoffed.

I swear her and these pregnant mood swings be driving a nigga crazy. It's bad enough I have to deal with her period mood swings every month, but the pregnant ones are worst.

I licked my lips as I scooted to the edge of the bed. "I'd appreciate it if you stop yellin', my head killin' me."

Jewel rolled her eyes as she mumbled something obviously low enough for me not to hear.

"Jewel I'm sorry aight, you know I would've replied to your text I obviously ain' get it my phone died. I came in late because the club ain't let out until 3. I drove extra slow trying not to damage your car."

Jewel scrunched both of her eyebrows. "And you want to explain why you smell like weed?"

I rested my elbows on my thighs and allowed my head to fall in the palm of my hands. "I had a blunt Jewel aight." I mumbled.

"What was that?" Jewel put her hand behind her ear signaling for me to speak louder.

"I smoke a blunt." I repeated.

Jewel threw the pillow at my head causing me to groan. "Ouch man didn't I tell you I have a headache."

Jewel shook her head at me. "I can't believe you August! Really? What the hell are you doing smoking weed?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I swear I don't do that shit on the regular, I just got carried away last night."

Jewel rested her hand on her hip. "Anything else I need to know?"

I hesitated on telling her about me dancing with the girl at the club last night, but I'd feel hella guilty if I don't say anything.

"Yeah, I danced with someone last night." I nervously bit on the bottom of my lip waiting for Jewel's reaction.

Jewel eyes grew large. "August Get out." She pointed towards the door.

"I'm not going anywhere Jewel."

Jewel grabbed me by my arm pushing my skinny ass towards the door. "I want you out NOW!" She screamed.

I sighed as I grabbed my phone walking towards the door.

Technically I ain't do anything wrong, Jewel and her emotional ass hormones I know she don't mean everything she's saying and doing. I'll just let her cool off.

* * *

Jewel.

I slammed my door shut as I heard August leave out the front door. I can't believe he would do something so stupid, and for me to trust him I feel dumb as hell. I sat criss-cross apple sauce in my bed as I closed my eyes and breathed in and out. The breathing technique is one of the skills I use to calm me down.

Once I got myself to calm down I grabbed my car keys and headed to my mom's house.

It took me about 15 minutes to get to my mom's house, she doesn't live far from me. I parallel parked my car in front of her house and knocked on the front door. My mom smiled and pulled me into a hug as I made my way into her house.

"Hey baby!" My mom greeted me.

"Hey mom." I kissed her cheek.

I sat down on the couch making myself comfortable next to my mom.

"What in the world on earth made you stop by?" My mom folded her arms.

I chuckled as I tucked my hair behind my ear. "I wanted to tell you about the baby shower I'm having it next month. All the details are planned I just need to find a good place to have it."

My mom nodded her head. "I know a few places you can rent."

"Cool, how about you & Mama Sheila come with me to visit a couple of places." I suggested.

My mom furrowed an eyebrow. "Who's mama Sheila?"

"August's mom, she's dying to meet you."

My mom smiled. "Oh okay that's fine baby. I'm off Thursday, how about Thursday?"

I nodded my head. "Okay I'll ask Mama sheila if she's okay with that."

I furrowed an eyebrow as I heard someone walk down the steps. I turned my attention to the steps as I seen mama Lucy walking down the steps. I rolled my eyes as I looked back towards my mom.

"And that's My Q to go. I'll call you later mom, Love you." I pecked her cheek.

"Jewel!" My mom called after me.

I quickly exited my mom's house. I didn't mean to be rude, but I don't want anything to do with my grandmother, and I don't have anything to say to her after what she has done to me.

My phone vibrated in my purse as I sat it down in the passenger seat. I recieved a text message from August that I ignored.

From AuggieBear: Jewel , I'm sorry baby. I miss yo ass already.

I threw my phone back into my purse, Oh well he's gonna have to miss me. I ain't giving in that easily.

A/N:  I'm writing a couple more chapters for this story it's coming to an end soon. I am going to write a sequel to this.