The Letter

"Come on Tom." Scott smiled as he pulled me out of the cab. I didn't say anything, I was too upset and lost. Scott walked me to the front door and stood there whilst my mum came to answer. I was a mess. Red eyes, tear stained face and shaking, weak body.

"Oh good heavens what happened‽" My mum exclaimed. (The interrorbang! Haha you've got to love Dan and Phil. YouTube <3)

"Can I explain inside?" Tom suggested.

"Sure, sure." My mum hurried us inside and sat us down. I just sat there is silence whilst Scott explained.

"So now Luna's on her way to Brazil, with no communication to us." Scott said. A single tear fell from my eye. I started shaking again and crying. My mum stood up and held out her arms.

"Oh Tom, I'm so sorry." She cried and pulled me into a hug. I let out a loud cry and the tears started flooding down my face.

"I hate seeing you like this." My mum sighed. "Me and your friends will fix this, okay?" I slowly nodded. My mind was blurred and thoughts zoomed round my head like race cars.

"I'll go now, I'll leave you alone." Scott muttered.

"No! Please stay." I yelped and grabbed into his arm.

He laughed "Mkay."

***

We wandered upstairs and into my room. I suggested we played on the Xbox so we did. Me and Scott chose to play Simpsons Hit n' Run because it was hilarious and would cheer me up.

"Haha Tom. I'll be back in a minute, just off to the toilet." Scott laughed as he stood up and walked out my room. I fumbled around for a bit and then I felt something digging into my leg. I searched around until I found a little notebook saying "To Tom". It was in Luna's neat handwriting. It said underneath 'For When I'm Gone." I opened it up and the first thing I saw was my favourite photo of me and her. We were sat together at the beach and we were pulling funny faces that was a good day. I turned various pages and on each one were photos of me and her or of us 5 together. Looking at these photos made me so happy because they brought back good memories and each one was captioned with a joke or phrase from that day. Then after 20 pages I came to a page which was just writing. I focused my eyes on it and started slowly reading it. It read:

To Tom

I'm scribbling this down in the car on the way to your house, so it's probably going to be crap. When you're reading this, I'll be on a plane far away on the way to hell. I know it's going to be hard to get used to this, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the times I was horrible, the times I hurt you, the times I was being unfair. Social services are not going to let me go that easily, so please never give up on trying to get me back. The second I get internet or signal or something I WILL contact you.

Now the emotional part, please don't cry, I'm not gone forever. Tom all I ask is a few things. Please never forget me. Never forget the many hours we spent together, the happy hours. The smiles and laughter we shared because I loved every second and I couldn't of wished to of spent it with anyone else. I love you so much, my heart aches. Tom how I wished I could just run to you and hug you right now. We were great huh? I feel so much pain and anger right now and I'm so guilty for what I did to you. Great I'm crying so much right now. Now second please don't start cutting again. It never helps in the long run. Don't think you need to cut because you hate your body, you can't cope or you feel like the whole world is against you. You're beautiful. I love you curly locks, your beautiful eyes, your tall slim figure, your long skinny legs. Haha and I still think you look like KickThePJ? All your imperfections are perfect to me. One more thing. Now this one’s hard to say. Don't replace me. That is my biggest fear. Now your friends will help you, they love you so much. Anytime you feel sad and depressed look through this book. So that's all I have to say, I'm a crap writer, I made myself cry.

I'm sorry

I love you. Luna. Xxx

I stared at the page and watched the salty tears blur the image. The letter was enough to bring me to so many tears. That letter was beautiful. That book was beautiful. I cherished the book. I put it on my bedside table so I could look through it every day to cheer me up. Even if Luna couldn't contact me, I would still have this. Trying to stay positive was hard but I had my friends.

"You ready to play some....hey what's wrong?" Scott laughed.

"Read this." I handed him the letter. I watched as his eyes darted across the page, reading each sentence carefully. His eyes looked like they were filling with tears but he still managed to smile.

"Wow. T...that was powerful." He sighed.

"I know right."

"Oh and yeah, you do look like KickThePJ, you're almost identical." He giggled and nodded.

"Okay I agree now, everyone's saying it!" We laughed. "It's not a bad thing, most girls say he's cute."

"Yeah." Agreed Scott. "Let's put on some music." Scott walked over to my iPhone docking station and put his phone in it and started playing Fall Out Boy. We sat on my bed and pretended to sing dramatically to the songs.

"Will go down in history. Remember me, for centuries." I and Scott sang together whilst flailing our arms around crazily. We carried on the song and then listened to Phoenix also by FOB.