Arriving in Brazil

It was now 6 hours into the flight and Luna had fallen asleep on my chest and I kept drifting in and out of sleep whilst listening to music. I could smell the beautiful scent of the perfume I bought Luna, it suited her personality perfectly. Mysterious but playful, and happy but on the inside quite sad. I'm so glad I met Luna otherwise well I wouldn't have a beautiful girlfriend and be going to Brazil right now. I could feel the warm of Luna on my body and her heart beating against mine. I hugged her close to me and she nuzzled into me more. The other 3 looked at us in awe and smiled various other people smiled at us. I gazed out the window as we flew over the ocean and above the clouds. I used to dream when I was younger about flying above the clouds and now I was....sort of. I started to drift into a sleep and I was woken up 4 hours later by some turbulence. The main lights on the plane were out and there was just the blue glow of some strip panel lights along the edge of each sides of the plane. There was some white glow from tablets, laptops and game consoles so it wasn't completely dark obviously. I needed food but I didn't want to move Luna, I sat there for another 5 minutes debating on what to do. I ended up carefully moving her I froze when she shuddered but she was just moving. I went down to the food bar thingy and got some Magic Stars for Luna (because she loved stars) and I bought a pack of chocolate digestives for me and Luna if she wanted some. I bought a bottle of coke for us to share. I got back to my seat and Luna was still asleep but as I sat down she murmured "I'm awake, don't worry about it." I knew she was only half awake so I tried to not disturb her too much. She had pulled her knees up and under chin and opened her eyes. Her eyes panned around the plane for a minute then she asked me what I had got.

"Well I got magic stars for you because I know you know so much about the stars, I got chocolate digestives for me, but you can have some. And I got a coke for us to share."

"Okay thanks." Smiled Luna. She slowly ate the chocolate and we shared the coke. "How long left?"

"About and 1 hour 1/2 then we have got a taxi to take us to the hotel."

"Okay, I can't wait!" The time would be when we arrived in Brazil would be 4:00pm because Brazil is 4 hours behind Britain. I was excited now, no longer nervous. I couldn't wait to arrive at the hotel and just unpack and just relax. I knew this wasn't just a holiday it was for Luna to meet her mum, but that didn't mean we couldn't have fun. The beach was literally just outside from the hotel so we could go out on nights and play beach volleyball. I was interrupted from my day dream by the deep voice, which was the captain, on the speaker announcing that we would be landing in just under an hour and that the flight was early. I started packing away my stuff and then sat and waited, shortly we were asked to put on our seatbelts because we were landing in 15 minutes. Again Charley had too calm Jasmine down. It was quite a bumpy decent but once we had landed it was fine.

We grabbed our bags and slowly walked off the plane. As I walked through the tunnel into the airport the heat hit me. Like a hot summers breeze it was gorgeous, I took off my jacket and tied it round my waist. I put my arm round Luna as we walked to where you claim your cases, we had to go through border control first and show our passports etc. When we made it to the baggage claim it wasn't too long before all our cases came through. Scott grabbed them quickly and we walked off to the taxi area. Luckily Jasmine was good with languages and knew Spanish and basic Portuguese so she directed us to where our taxi was.

The taxi again was a large taxi. The driver got out and helped us with our cases, she was very friendly and open too. She chatted too us all on the way to the hotel, she knew good English. When we pulled up outside the hotel I was astonished, the hotel was a very tall and looked very grand on the outside. It was lit up with lights outside and had chairs and a cafe bar outside the hotel. The front of the hotel and cafe had an oak fence surrounding it which was covered in fairy lights. We paid the driver, gave a tip and said thank you. I walked in followed by the others and I was blown away. The was a massive marble floor reception area and a bar with seats to the left as you walked in. As you walked round there was seats and TV playing sky sports. If you went down the big marble stairs it led outside the massive pool area and to the right there was a carpet leading in to what looked like the dining hall. There was tropical plants outside and in, I was so amazed. I quickly checked us and we were handed the key. We were on floor 16 and room 572. I swiped the key card in the door and it unlocked I opened it. The room was massive and was white walls with a shiny blue banner about halfway down the wall. There was 2 double beds and a single, the TV was on the wall and all the beds were facing it. Near balcony there was a dresser with a sofa opposite. As you walked in there was a wall of built-in wardrobes. I opened the balcony doors and walked outside to see we had a view of the pool that was massive and strangely shaped. The aqua blue water looked so inviting, I saw families splashing about and having fun, I desperately wanted to join. The bathroom was opposite the wardrobes and was also quite large, it had a double shower and bath. There was obviously a sink and toilet too. We all walked and were blown away at the beauty of this whole hotel.

"I dibs the single bed." Shouted Scott whilst doing the classic bed leap.

"Okay well I and Luna will sleep together and Charley and Jasmine will sleep together?"

"Yeah that’s fine." Said everyone in unison. I giggled. Each one of us started unpacking our stuff and when we had all finished it was 6:00pm and were all tired because in England the time would have been 10:00pm and we had travelled all day. But we were determined not to get jetlag so we smartened up and went to the dining hall for tea.

The smell that greeted me when I walked in was amazing, it smelt of a roast. Tonight it was a carvery and it smelt delicious. We were given a table and plates. We all got up and got our food. Silence filled the table whilst we were eating because the roast was so delicious and were all so hungry that we didn't need want to talk. After eating we were even more tired so we went up to the room and all got undressed. I turned on the air-con and opened the balcony door. I could hear the show going on next to the pool and it was nice to listen to. Charley and Jasmine put on Sherlock series 3, which we all approved of. Scott laid on his bed doing admin work for his YouTube account. And I was on my laptop editing Scott’s videos. Luna, Charley and Jasmine were doing face masks and beauty stuff whilst watching Sherlock I had my headphones on so I couldn't hear anything other than Scott’s video.

Jasmine was the first to sleep, then Charley. After this Luna hopped over to our bed and she sat cross legged and read a book. Scott had finished admin and was now watching Sherlock, it was now 10:00pm and I was so tired. I keep falling asleep but Luna gave me a nudge because I needed to finish this video. Finally after another half an hour I finished it, Scott came over and put the video live, did the links and annotations and then he slept. I put the TV on sleep timer and closed the door. I laid down and watched the TV, Luna put her book away and she curled up next to me and slept. My eyes slowly started closing and I fell asleep. I woke up various times in the night most likely from people in the rooms near us or Luna moving. I could say I had a restless night but I didn't mind.