Night time Conversations

My body shot bolt upright, throwing the covers off me. My hands were all clamming and little sweat beats occasionally dripped off my forehead. The time was 2:06am. I told myself over and over "It was just a nightmare.....it was just a nightmare." I laid down and stared into the darkness. My mind was too restless meaning I couldn't sleep. I turned on the glistening amber light and gazed out the window for a while, watching the pearl glowing moon. Suddenly I heard a window crack open. I looked over to the house and there was the girl, clambering out onto the window ledge. She passed me a smile and said hey. I replied with "Hi, can't sleep?"

"Yes, I have been awake for ages." She emphasised.

"Ugh I hate that, my mind is too restless." I replied.

"Stop thinking too much then!" She giggled, her laugh was to die for...it was so cute.

"So, what's your name?" I questioned.

"Luna, I'm 15." Luna said shyly.

"I'm Tom, I'm 16" I said with a smile.

"Aww hey Tom, I used to know a Tom but that was a long time ago." Luna trailed off.

"So where and why did you move to Brighton?" I asked, trying to make conversation. Luna suddenly didn't look too comfortable and started fumbling around with her fingers.

"Now that's a long story..." Luna laughed awkwardly, averting her gaze away from me.

"I have all night." I said gently, trying not to force her.

"No, no. Erm I just don't want to talk about it. Sorry. Anyways, how long have you lived here?" We talked for a bit then we both went back inside and tried to sleep again. But I couldn't still because my mind was still restless, so I went downstairs to watch TV. I put on my favourite sitcom Miranda, and slumbered down into the sofa with a fleecy blanket and Nala at my side. That familiar low rumble in my stomach began and I felt so empty! Then I realised I hadn't eaten in ages. So I went to the kitchen to get some food. Me being me I made myself some pasta and then a slice of homemade chocolate cake. This may have been a tad bit much for 2:34 in the morning, but to be honest I didn't care. I laughed and giggled at Miranda whilst Nala slept at my side. Finally I finished my early morning meal and then laid down on the sofa and watched Miranda for longer. My eyes started slowly closing and I suddenly felt really tired. My body drifted into a natural sleep, and my mind was finally at rest.