An Eventful day

I woke up with a start because I heard something hit my window at 6:30am. I peered out the curtains, squinting because of the brightness of the light. There was Luna stood there, with a big smile on her face. The past 8 hours had obviously been forgotten. I opened my window and hissed;

"What do you want at this time of morning?!"

"I wanted to go down to the beach?" She asked quietly.

"It's 6:30 in the morning and I was up about 2 hours ago."

"Oh," Luna paused "Okay." Luna slumbered back to her house looking disappointed. I suddenly felt really bad and got up and dressed and then knocked on Luna's door. She answered with a smile.

"I knew you would come with me!" She said excitedly. She grabbed her red jacket and put on her converse and then I hopped on my bike. I glanced over to Luna and I asked why she wasn't getting on her bike.

"I don't know how to ride." Luna said sadly.

"I could teach you?" I asked.

"Yes! I would love that!" Luna cried with joy. I couldn't work out why she was so excited. I walked with Luna and our bikes down to the beach. I showed Luna how to ride first and how to set off. She had a go but fell off almost straight away. She grazed her knee but she didn't seem to care. She carried on but she just couldn't master it. We tried the running along and pushing method, but I needed more people to push from different parts to get loads of speed. People were looking at us and smiling, some even commented and gave me tips on how to teach her. Some snobs turned up their noses and thought we were messing.

We were having so much fun, me and Luna. We were laughing when Luna fell off and celebrating if she got further than last time. I spotted Charley, Jasmine and Scott walking towards us. Finally there was enough of us to do this. Luna sat in the seat poised. Charley grabbed the seat, I pushed one side, Scott the other and Jasmine helped Charley. Luna set off with us pushing behind. We were gaining speed and were running across the seafront with Luna smiling and us laughing. I told Luna that we were letting go 3, 2, and 1. We let go and Luna glided off, she was doing it! She was peddling and steering! Her face at that moment was amazing, she had the biggest grin on her face.

But then she got too confident, she started turning round to look at us. We could see what was ahead but she couldn't. I saw her smile and then it was gone in a fraction of a second. "LUNA!" We screamed. The whole world felt like it had gone into slow motion. We all started running with the look of pure fear on our faces. People were running towards her, the driver was getting out of his car with panic written all over him. I pushed everyone out of the way, and I saw her. The girl in the window laying there. Laying in a pool of scarlet blood. Her leg was twisted the wrong way and so was her right arm. Her head had a massive gash in the forehead. The leg that was twisted was trapped in the chains of the bike. She was laid so awkwardly, and I could see the terror in her eyes.

"Tom, I did it. I learned to ride." She croaked.

"You did Luna, well done!" I weaped. Charley held her hand and so did Jasmine. Scott had run to go find the ambulance because it couldn't reach us on the roads. I could just hear voices around me and the occasional siren. We sat with her until the medics arrived. And tried to comfort her. I didn't let her look at her arm or leg and I tried to help her from being in so much pain the best way I could. When the medics arrived they gave her morphine and bandaged the gash on her head. Next they had to straighten the leg on site. Which hurt Luna a lot. I felt her clench my arm when they straightened it. They put her leg and arm in a rectangular shaped cast and her neck in a neck brace. It was torture seeing someone you have grown so close with suffering like this.

They let us go in the ambulance with her. Which is surprising as it's supposed to one, but we didn't complain. They played the sirens which meant it was serious. I was very nervous, I didn't know what would happen to her. I felt like my heart was going to burst out of chest because it was beating so fast. Her head injury looked really serious and her leg and arms were most likely broken.

We arrived at the hospital. Luna looked at me, her eyes filled with nerves and worry. They had to take her away from us for an x-ray. But Luna didn't want me to leave her. But she was prised off me. We waited for ages me, Charley, Jasmine and Scott. The seconds felt like minutes and the minutes like hours. We were waiting in this waiting room for ages. I went and asked a nurse where she was because it didn't take this long to have an x-ray. I then got some very worrying news. The nurse told me she had been rushed to theatre after her condition became critical. My eyes became blurred as they filled with tears. My head went into a haze and I could barely make it back to my friends. I felt ill and sick, and I already had a pounding headache from being in the ambulance with the siren. My eyes started blacking out, but I shook my head to try and see again, and leant against the wall. But it was no good I couldn't breathe and then I was falling. I heard Jasmine scream my name and I heard my friends run towards me. Nurses swarmed round me trying to bring me round. But I was out, I could hear and partially see. I felt someone pick me up and place me on a bed and Scott running beside me. And that’s all I could remember.