Waiting for Midnight

We all ordered and sat down at a table. We talked about random stuff until our food came, we ate our food and then Luna was brave enough to ask about the others coming to Brazil.

"So guys I need your help." Everyone’s ears perked up "I need your help to help me find my real mum." They were listening now, and I smiled at Luna.

"But it involves travelling to Brazil. But Tom and you Scott are old enough aren’t you?" Charley and Jasmine smiled and said they would love too. Jasmine said she had always wanted to go to Brazil, and Charley agreed with her. Luna's face lit up, she looked so pleased and happy. I felt her hand wrap round mine again under the table. But this time she held it really tight, I felt her give me something. She moved her hand away and I uncurled my hand - still under the table. She had given me a beautiful drawing, I then realised it was of me and all my friends, she was there too. I looked at it in awe and brought it up onto the table.

"What you got there mate?" Questioned Scott.

"It's of us....Luna drew it. Look." I showed Scott and everyone else. They all commented on how amazing it was and Luna blushed. We finished our food and brought Luna outside the same way we did last time. It was now 12:30pm, we walked back over to the beach and Charley spotted the crutches. We all looked puzzled and went to get them for her. Finally we could go places without carrying her. We decided to look round the shops; we went to the clothes shops for mainly the girls, then some beauty shops and then little gift shops. We spent ages looking round each one, trying on clothes. It was so fun. We went to a photo booth and took some photos together, this bit was hilarious. We spent 5 solid hours shopping, I had so much fun, and it was such a laugh.

Because it was 5:00pm we all decided to go home. So said good bye and went our separate ways. I walked Luna to her door and said bye. She hugged me tightly and whispered thank you into my ear and then walked into her house. I smiled and walked across the road to my house with a spring in my step. I turned back before I walked back into my house and I saw Luna getting out her A3 sketchbook, which was covered in pictures, and she started drawing. I walked into my house to the smell of takeaway pizza. I was confused as to why I could smell it because we never get take-away unless it's something special or Saturday, and today was Thursday. Then I heard the voice of my brother, I was so pleased, but why was he back from University?

I walked into the living room where my mum and brother were sat eating pizza and talking. I ran up to my brother like a child and hugged him, he hugged me back and said "Hey bro!" with a smile.

"What you doing back?" I said excitedly.

"I just came to visit." He smiled. My older brother Dan was the best brother I could have. He was very supportive and I looked up to him. He adored me and I adored him, 'we were a right pair when we are together' people would say. He always thought of me first and always knew how to cheer me up. His girlfriend was also really nice too. She was coming over later on. His girlfriend was called Victoria, or Vic for short. She had loose curly blonde hair and had big blue eyes. She was tall about 5ft 8 and had a natural curve to her body - but was still slim. She was a shy girl but was really friendly and nice. I hope my brother (if he ever does) marry her because they are perfect for each other - sounds a bit cliché but its true.

We sat and watched a film and ate pizza for ages and then my brother’s girlfriend arrived. She joined in with watching the film and eating the pizza - we saved her some. It was 9:00pm when we finished and my brother and his girlfriend had to leave. So me and my mum said bye and then I went upstairs. I saw Luna sat out on her window ledge laid on her back looking up to the stars. I called over to her and asked if I could come over. She said yeah, but I will have to climb up the drain pipe.

I scrambled up the drain pipe and went and laid down next to Luna. She started showing me the stars and constellations.

"This here is the constellation Pegasus." Said Luna whilst pointing to the sky. "And this here is the Leo constellation which is your star sign, mine is Sagittarius up here look." I laid there in amazement at how Luna knew so much about the stars, I wish I knew that much about the stars. It was 10:00 when we changed the conversation from the stars to Brazil.

"We need to book the flights." I pointed out.

"Oh yeah. Don't worry I will do that?" Offered Luna.

"Yeah that’s fine. When are we planning to go?"

"I was thinking September the 1st." Said Luna "I will try and get flights for then." I said ok and then we laid back down and carried on talking about Brazil and her mum. It was now 11:55pm and I was waiting for midnight because then it was my birthday. I was born at exactly 12:01am on the 20th of August. I kept wondering whether Luna would remember. The time finally arrived I heard the church bells chime 12 times and I looked at Luna and she had a beaming smile on her face. She stood up and went into her room, when she came back out she had a small parcel wrapped in green tissue paper, with a small red bow wrapped around it.

"I almost forgot, happy birthday." She said. I untied the little bow and then carefully opened the tissue paper and there was a green box inside. I was so intrigued to know what it was. So I opened the box and inside was a shark tooth necklace which looked handmade. There was one single shark tooth in the middle and little shells and other teeth on the rest of the necklace.

"I made it myself." She smiled. "Do you like it?"

"Luna I don't know what to say. It's beautiful. I love it thank you." I hugged her and she hugged me back. I pulled away and put on the necklace, it was perfect. Luna then explained where each tooth was from some from America, some India. I said thank you again and then I had to go. I scrambled down the drain pipe again and walked home. I then went to sleep when I got home.