C H P - 10

"Dongmin, I think we need to talk."

----

"Hmm?" the older hummed in response, closing his eyes. Only now did he start to feel any real fatigue from the chaos of the day. He realized how tired he was and just how much he needed sleep. He thought Moonbin said something to him again, so he hummed once more. His head began to loll to the side as he drifted off; he had make himself pull it back onto the pillow just to keep from it tilting it an uncomfortable angle. "What'd you want to... to talk about?" he mumbled, trying to keep himself awake. He cleared his throat and forced his tired eyes open.

Moonbin couldn't help but feel disappointed, yet nonetheless, he smiled. "It's nothing. Go to bed."

"I'm not tired."

"Yes, you are," the pink haired male disagreed, shaking his head. "It's okay, just sleep."

"No, I... okay. Good night, then..." A soft yawn created a small pause between these words and his next. "Binnie..."

"Good night." The younger frowned, eyebrows creasing. "Sleep well..."

But by then, Dongmin was too exhausted to hear it.

----

Unsurprisingly, Moonbin had gotten barely any sleep. He had dozed off twice, only to wake up fifteen minutes later each time; and each time, he would turn and check on Dongmin, making sure that he was sleeping soundly and not suffering from any type of nightmare. Other than those few times where he moved to check up on his friend, he had stayed in the same position. His body ached from sleeping on the floor, but he wouldn't complain. He wasn't going to make Dongmin feel guilty for claiming the couch, nor would he make him feel guilty for not letting him simply sleep up on the cushions with him. 

It was when the sun began to rise over the horizon that he finally moved from the floor, deciding it'd be best to see how Dongmin was doing. Pale pinks and oranges settled in the sky, covered in the white mist of morning. The room didn't need any artificial light, for this was enough to illuminate everything placed within. 

Moonbin peered over the edge of the couch and rose to his knees to get a better look. Dongmin's messy bed hair laid across the pillow, his cheeks colored with a natural blush. He wasn't stirring, but he was breathing steadily.

The pinkette smiled softly and pulled himself away from his sleeping friend. Only then did he notice his growling stomach. His throat was dry, and his stomach was craving food; he figured that the least he could do was get his friends some food, too. They would probably be just as hungry as he was when they finally woke from their sleep.

And on top of everything else he wanted, he was craving some fresh air. It had been a while since he had been up this early, and he wanted to be able to breathe in the crisp morning air without having to rush. He just... wanted time to sort out his thoughts. Maybe taking an early walk would truly do him some good.

The male silently stood up from the floor, his knees popping as he did. He sighed and gave his mind a few seconds to register. Then, as quietly as he could, he creeped up the stairs. He opened his bedroom door and immediately broke out into a large grin.

Sanha and Minhyuk had stolen the bed, and currently, they were clinging to each other. The dancer clung to Sanha's back while the youngest happily snuggled into the arms circled around him, looking as content as he ever had.

Myungjun and Jinwoo had taken the floor. Piles upon piles of blankets were stacked up on the ground, creating what could be seen as a type of mattress. The two shared just one blanket. While they may not have been as close as the boys on the bed, they were laying facing the other, hands not quite touching. 

Moonbin couldn't stop his face from contorting into to that of someone who had just seen an incredibly cute sight. He pursed his lips to keep himself from letting out an absurdly loud 'aww'. He slipped past the four sleeping males and opened the closet door; luckily it didn't squeak on its hinges and instead remained silent. He pulled out a fresh t-shirt and hoodie. It was big on him, so he knew it would be comfortable. That's exactly how he liked his sweatshirts after all: two sizes too big.

His dresser didn't make any sounds as he pulled it open either, so he was able to get what he needed without waking up the others. With one last look at his friends, he left the room and shut the door behind him. 

He went to the bathroom across the hall to change, and when he was finished, he threw his dirty clothes in the hamper in the corner of the room, leaving with brushed teeth, messy but combed pink hair, and clean clothes. He grabbed his wallet from off his dresser when he had been in his bedroom, so now it was secured in the back pocket of his skinny jeans. 

He descended the stairs, and with one last lingering glance at Dongmin, he left.

The morning air left him feeling wonderfully enlightened. It wasn't too cold; it was just the type of cold that turned your cheeks pink, yet didn't leave them stinging. It was nice.

He looked down to his thin hands as he walked down the street. The tips of his fingers were chilled, but it didn't bother him too much. There was only one thing that bothered him, and that was the ring on his finger. The light of the sun bounced off the polished silver. He twisted it over and over, and continued to do so. The simple looking piece of jewelry brought him nervousness, sadness, and even more so, it brought him disappointment. But he wouldn't complain. He wouldn't say a word.

"You should talk to Dongmin..."

Should I?

"Have you told him yet?"

Would he care if I did?

"You have 15 days left."

He wouldn't care if I left.

"Do you love Dongmin?"

Yes. Yes I do, and that love is what keeps me from telling him.

"I wish you would talk to me more."

I wish I could.

Moonbin sighed with a certain conflict. He couldn't just tell Dongmin, not until after he told him something else: something that was more important than the ring on his finger, something more important than the mess with his father.

He refused to tell Dongmin about it until he told him that he loved him. 

And that was something he would have to do soon. 

----

Just incase you weren't told today, you're doing great 👍 Keep going

-Author 🖤