A New Enemy: The final chapter

It had been a few weeks into your fresh marriage to the love of your life and ever since your honeymoon was cut short, you and Kylo hadn't seen much of each other at all in the time thereafter.

It pained you.

He was almost always busy with political things and you had been busying yourself with matters of the force. You had been focusing more and more on how to hone it and use it for the greater good. Everytime you would focus on the good memories and inner peace of mind, something would interfere with your meditation and take you to a much darker place. . . one of which you had to relive your past and see Kylo kill all of the younglings and your fellow Padawans again. You didn't know why this was happening, only that it was happening way too frequently lately.

It happened most of the time when you were alone, meditating. You were even getting nightmares of your family abandoning you at the Jedi temple and a voice kept trying to reach you. It was one you had never heard before. It terrified you. You would hear it in your sleep at times and wake up sweating and screaming.

Kylo had to have been feeling it too because every time you would sense it come over you, he would try and block out those same feelings. You two shared a bond after all so whatever you felt, he did too. That wasn't even the gist of it all. You had been feeling a little under the weather as of late and you didn't know why. Kylo would always try to make time for you even if he held a busy schedule. If he wasn't discussing matters in the council then he was always training to be stronger for you. He was getting better but it seemed like you were faltering. It was making you weak.

One morning while you went to the bathroom, you felt an overwhelming sickness flood over you. You quickly ran to the toilet and it was that moment you knew exactly why you had been feeling extremely ill. You were pregnant. Upon further examination, it was determined that you were. You hadn't told Kylo yet but you were sure he could feel it from the force alone. There would be another tiny force that was going to be part of the bond you shared with Kylo. Your child's. Maybe he could feel it or maybe that was another side of the force that would be hidden until the baby was born.

You never imagined yourself as a mother but you couldn't help the excited and terrified emotions flooding through you. The baby would definitely be force sensitive. You hoped Ben would take the news well.

But there it was again. That night, while you were asleep, that brooding dark energy hadn't left you at all it seemed.

The lighter side of the force seemed to be diminishing inside of you as you found yourself lashing out at your servants, using the force to push them against the wall over stupid trivial things as your emotions got the better of you. Your anger was preceeding over most of your emotions. You didn't feel like yourself.

The more you were away from Kylo combined with how your pregnancy was making you feel was making the darkness grow even more inside of you. You didn't know why this was happening or why it was happening so suddenly. It had only been a little over a month since the wedding as you started to feel the change.

Something was pulling you to a place far away. It was a dark place. The voice in your head was telling you to leave everything behind, even Kylo. It was telling you to leave in the middle of the night tonight and not tell a soul about it to anyone.

The dark side of you had gotten significantly worse and you noticed your eyes getting darker with hatred. They were almost an amber color. You didn't even know where this hatred was stemming from but you knew it was there, planted dangerously in your mind without your consent.

Any plans of telling Kylo you were pregnant soon became of little concern. If you were going to leave, you needed to leave before he came back from training. Where you were going you didn't know but the voice in your head would guide you there. The worst part of it all was you weren't yourself anymore and with Kylo barely around you succumbed more and more to the dark side. You couldn't even recognize who you were anymore. Word was getting out of how ruthless you were becoming around the palace but you turned a blind eye to the rumors. Most of the rumors were of how Kylo had corrupted you which were a lie. No, this was something else entirely.

The voice told you to leave Kylo behind. Leave everything behind and not look back. You made sure that no one was around as you grabbed a black cape and clasped it over your shoulders. Just as the moon hung high, you took your wedding ring off of your finger and placed it on the table on Kylo's side of the bed. It was as if you were no longer in control of your body. Something else was. You grabbed your old saber and you didn't look back as you fled towards the Naboo docking bay.

You entered your ship quietly and carefully boarding it with ease as you sat emotionless in the driver's seat as you turned on the control panel. For a moment, you tuned into your inner mind where the force guided you. There was little light left but the dark voice started speaking into your mind again, dimishing the light. "Go to Moraband. I'll guide you there," it spoke. You did as you were told, flying off into the stars as you left no trace behind.

Back at the palace, Kylo had felt a split in your bond almost immediately. He knew something was wrong. He bolted off towards your room. He barged in, only finding your ring and no trace at all of you. "Y/N!" Kylo shouted. He was frantically searching the palace for you. Even as he tried to share the force bond with you, something was blocking him from reaching you. You were just gone without a trace. Kylo felt his heart break.

But he wasn't the only one to notice. Luke and Leia met up at the palace as well. "Where is she?!" Luke yelled, making a bee line for Kylo as Leia held her hand over her heart, a sadness taking over. As Luke beckoned over Kylo, Leia couldn't help but feel the anguish Kylo was feeling now that you had vanished. "I don't fucking know, okay?! She was here just this morning!" Kylo paced around the floor, hands gripping in his hair, body shaking as he tried to make sense of it all. He was completely lost. "I can't even reach her through the force!" He added, tears nearly brimming his eyes. "This is not good. I fear. . . I fear for the worst." Luke sighed deeply as he tried to piece everything together. He had noticed a rift in the force for sure. In fact, he had started to notice it for a while now. Y/N was a very powerful force user. It would be easy to take control of such a thing if the wrong person ever found out about how strong she was.

Leia walked right up to Kylo and placed both hands on his shoulders. "Ben. . . we'll get her back. I promise you that," she reassured him. Kylo placed both gloved hands over hers as he nodded, a very serious look plastered on his face. For once, he was pushing his own emotions aside for you.

Truthfully, Y/N and Kylo were nearly equal in power. You just so happened to be the one to fall to the dark side this time partly due to the fact that you were with child which made you all the more vulnerable. The baby growing inside of you was the one in the most danger now.

No matter what, no matter where you were, Kylo vowed to find you and bring you back. The force between you was a strong thing, and nothing could ever really break it. . . or could it?

He got in his ship, leaving Naboo, and searched the stars for you. Nothing would stand in his way.

~To be continued~

The Force Between Us/Kylo Ren x reader On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara