What's the motive?

It had been about six weeks since you've even seen grass, let alone breathe fresh air as you stepped off of one of Kylo's ships onto a planet you had never seen or been to before.

It was just you and Kylo.

He must've ordered for you to be with him specifically and no one else, save for Hux who was guarding the ship's entrance and a squad of troopers who seemed to be setting up camp outside. They had all flown in from TIE-fighters at home base.

You landed on a lush planet, full of forestry and island scenery. You guessed that was where you were. An island of some sort.

You took in the fresh ocean breeze, savoring it before God knows how long you'd be back in that cramped up cell.

Kylo led you up a cliff overlooking the ocean. You had to admit it was beautiful. The ship was far below now and you guessed you were miles above sea level.

"Why'd you bring us up here?" You simply asked, turning to look at him.

His hair had been pushed back from the wind and the scar you gave him had started sinking further into his skin, giving him a devil may care look. You couldn't help but think it oddly suited him.

"To push you passed your breaking point." He replied stoicly. "I know there's a power deep down in you and I plan on showing you how to harness it. No more resisting. I want to show you how to let it all go let it show you your true self."

You crossed your arms and scoffed quietly. If he thought he was going to push you passed your breaking point it had already happened when he blew up your home and killed all of your friends. You had at least hoped that some of them had survived. Cora, at least. God you missed her.

You fought back the urge to cry and simply nodded. "Fine, but don't expect me to kiss your ass, Ren." You cocked an eyebrow at him. If it was a fight he wanted then he'd surely get it from you.

"Enough with that mouth of yours," he snapped. You could see a smirk at the corner of his lips and you have him a cocky smile.

"Hmph. You'll just have to get used to it. I'm not changing all of me to suit you." You sassed him, hands on hips.

"We'll see about that, Y/N." Kylo replied. Something in his eyes in that moment made you notice a bit of lightheartedness. . . almost as if he were enjoying himself.

The both of you had trained nearly all day, up until sunset. You had newly made cuts and bruises on your face and arms and he equally garnered the same.

You were out of breath and both of you collapsed on the ground, backs touching the rocky landscape beneath you. You turned your saber off, letting it fall to the ground with a thud beside you. He did the same.

"You are very proficient in fighting, I'll give you that." Kylo spoke up. "I'm not letting you win that easy, Ren," you smirked. You felt like he was trying to get you used to the fighting aspects first, then warm you up towards the Force techniques later.

"I-I uh. . .enjoyed that," he barely audibly spoke and you almost had to ask him again what he'd just said although you heard him.

You playfully scoffed. "You mean you actually had fun other than the satisfaction of tearing things to pieces and smashing them apart?" You joked, glancing over at him.

You heard him sigh after that. "Yes, it was nice to spar a little bit." He then sat up, suddenly distancing himself from you.

You slowly sat up, placing your head on top of your knees as you curled them towards your chest.

It was an awkward silence. Moments passed before either of you said anything. You thought you saw him brushing a tear from his eye but he skillfully hid it.

"It's time for us to head back. It's getting late and we should get some rest." He stated, sounding like his usual self again. You were about to rise up but stopped when he offered you a hand.

This took you wholly by surprise. You certainly didn't take him for a gentleman. You warily hesitated but reached up to take it.

As soon as your hand touched his you felt a jolt of electricity. He must've felt it too.

You saw his face turn slightly red, eyes wide. You were sure your face was equally as red but you couldn't think why you'd even be blushing at the sudden shared intimacy.

He cleared his throat and you grabbed his hand, him pulling you upwards. For some reason the force felt stronger when you touched him. It was certainly weird but. . .oddly welcomed? You certainly didn't know if that was a good thing or not.

His expression was unreadable and the long walk back was in silence once again.

Once the two of you made it back to camp there was fresh food and tents set up for you and a few troopers guarding post.

You were quite relieved to be spending time outside and not in that damn ship. It was a comfort you had long missed.

You watched as General Hux talked with Kylo and it seemed as if they were talking about you.

You sat down in front of your tent, glancing over at them every now and then when Kylo started marching towards you.

"Y/N, we train again at dawn. I expect you to be up and ready to go. Is that clear?" He asked, voice calm and tone plain.

"Crystal," you fake saluted. "Goodnight," he muttered under his breath before turning away and walking towards his tent.

You'd heard him say it yet you were caught by surprise yet again.

Goodnight?

You couldn't wrap your head around him. One minute he could be a rage filled emo psychopath and the next, totally normal. . .decent almost?

You couldn't put your finger on him, but you also couldn't deny what had happened earlier.

That spark.

You felt a tinge of what you thought was giddiness but pushed it away. Hell no, you couldn't think and possibly wouldn't think of Ren as anything else but. . .

A monster.