The Wedding

Today was the day.

And you were nervous as hell.

Ben had already woken up and you assumed he was making arrangements for everything to be perfect. This wedding was happening whether or not the galaxy had a say so anyway.

You hadn't even had time to stretch before the servants woke you up. You and Ben planned to have the wedding be a private ceremony. . .much like Padme's and Anakin's.

You and he especially figured it would be the safest option with the exception of having Cora as your bridesmaid.

It was noon and even by then the servants were still getting you ready. They brought in some extravagant jewels and the best perfumes that credits could buy.

You blushed at the thought of being all dolled up again. Even more so you were pretty terrified and almost content at the fact that you would be married to the most powerful man in the universe.

He still thought of himself as some sort of Supreme Leader and somehow the thought that he had substantial power like that was a bit frightening. You could only hope that Ben was who he'd say he'd be. You still had your doubts as much as you tried to keep them hidden. But dammit if he didn't make you completely swoon over him.

And that thought occured to you of who he had been these past few days you were with him. He had, in fact, changed from the loathing edge lord you knew him to be into a more romantic and seemingly reasonable man. At least he was that way when you were around.

Maybe he was seeing things in a different light? Or maybe he was only doing it for you. Those were the thoughts that always replayed in your mind at night.

The two of you had planned to get married at sunset in the same exact spot that Queen Amidala and Anakin had married years ago.

Kylo wanted that.

He admired his grandparents and you only hoped that he admired Anakin for the good he did instead of the relentless bad as Vader. Somehow you doubted that as a smirk formed on the corner of your mouth.

It was nearing the time to meet Ben and you were sweating. You were anxious and scared of the future but you really loved him and you could only hope for the best. Your hands had started to sweat and you were pacing back and forth in a nervous ball of anxiety before the servants came to fetch you.

The servants led you towards the balcony where Kylo was already waiting. He had his back turned but upon hearing the union making speak your name in the highest authority, Kylo anxiously turned around.

You both locked eyes and it was as if you were having deja Vu as you remembered the first time that you met him.

Those same dark eyes met yours. His were nearly tearing up but he tried his best to hide it. There was a hint of something there that you couldn't quite place. Ben knew what it was though. He grinned, eyes wet, nearly choking back at how beautiful you looked and how much like his father he was resembling right now.

You smiled nervously but happily, walking over to him and meeting his side as you took his hand. It was time for the hand fasting as both of hour hands were tied in a ribbon to signify you both as a whole. Your eyes never wavered from his and neither did his own.

You both exchanged vows and it was time to seal your fresh new matrimony with a kiss. Kylo never took his eyes off of you.

It was a moment that you'd never forget. He kissed you like a fragile doll, not wanting to break you but keeping the kiss gentle and sweet. You wrapped your arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.

When you both pulled away, the sunset was shining in orange and pink tones all around you as you gazed into each other's eyes. It was almost like Anakin and Padme had given the both of you their blessing that day.

You felt the ring on your finger and smiled again. You were happy. Happier than you had ever been in your entire life.

In that moment, you leaned into his ear and whispered that you loved him. He smiled a cheeky smile, which even you thought funny of him.

"I know," he grinned before picking you up in his arms and kissing you again.

~

Don't worry, smut is coming!