Chapter 11: Asked Out

Start from the beginning

Ah, the second day of the year means starting actual class work. But luckily, the girls had the first three classes together. Yass! And so did Yoongi and Hoseok. Noo!

They went to the English room. Today was mostly consisting of special classes that the second years would be having with the third years. Some kind of orientations for the beginning if the year.

They saw the boys enter with Jin. Nayeon tried to catch Yoongi's eyes, but he kept looking down. Maybe he's just tired. Probably missing his pillow. She gave a small laugh on that thought. Momo and Jongyeon looked at each other while taking a seat on either side of her in the long table. The boys sat right behind them.

"Hey girls," greeted Jin, giving each of them a high five.

"Hey," Jeongyeon said, pulling her hand away before he could high five her.

"Momo, would you... wanna join the dance team this year with me?" Hoseok asked nervously, moving his chair forward. They couldn't join last year because they were first years.

"Yeah!" Momo said, giving him a bright smile.

"Great, we can sign up this afternoon." He gave her a side hug. She blushed and he pinched her cheeks.

Nayeon was waiting for Yoongi to say something, but he was quite the whole class. The other two classes, Geography and Math also seemed to drag on forever. He's unusually quiet. Looks like I'm not going to have a good day after all. I mean, he's ignoring me! Did I do something wrong?

When it was finally lunchtime, the girls got their books and went to their lockers to get money for lunch. But Jin said that the lunch today was on him. Before Nayeon could follow them to the cafeteria, someone grabbed her hand. She turned around and saw Yoongi. He did not look at her but pulled her outside the building. She did not mind. Hehehe.

"Yah! Where are we going?"

He didn't say anything. And kept walking.

"Hey! Yoongi!" There were at the parking lot now.

No reply.

"Yoongi-ah!" They were entering the dorm area.

"......"

"Yoooogi-ah! Why are we at the dorm building?"

"Yoongi!"

"Yoongi!"

"Yoongi!"

They were now going up the stairs, to the top floor. He did not let go of her hand until they were safely in his dorm. Thankfully the guard didn't see them despite Nayeon being hella loud.

"Um... why are we here?" she asked with a nervous laugh. She could feel the tension around him.

"Sorry for the mess. It's Jin hyung and Hoseok's." There were coats and jackets on the sofa and socks on the carpet. "Do you want to go to my room?"

"W-why?"

He just grabbed her hand again and dragged her into the room furthest to the left. It was much neater than the living room.

"Yo, what's with the hand grabbing?" she asked.

"You don't like it?" He was looking deep in her eyes. Then he began closing in on her. She took a step back and laughed nervously. She wasn't sure what was happening.

I feel like I'm in one of those fanfictions.

His face was getting red at every step he took towards her.

Is he going to kiss me? Wait, we're not even going out. But I wish he does.... stop dreaming!

She hit the door and tried to stop him from getting any closer by putting her hands on his chest.

I really do feel like I'm in fan fiction. This is.... great!

But he took her arms slowly and placed them on his waist. He put his hands around her head.

Woah. I hope I'm not blushing. (She was. Maybe too much.)

Yoongi brought his face closer to hers until their noses were almost touching. What he said was not what she was expecting.

"What do you think of me? Do you like me?"

Is he confessing? Oh, mah... gawd!

Her voice quivered. "Yeah, I mean we're good friends." Did I just say that?! Am I friends zoning him? There goes my chance of marrying him. Bye-bye, my dreams.

"Good friends? Nothing more?"

"I don't understand what you mean."

"I know you do, Nayeon."

Hearing him say her name sent tingling down her body.

"Huh?"

"Don't think I don't know you. I'm pretty sure you've read every single romance novel in existence. You should know what I'm talking about."

"Yeah... Y-you, like me?"

"Does it look like I do?"

@@
   _

"You don't?!" She felt dead inside.

"Of course I do!"

"Really?!" Before she could hold herself, she hugged him tightly. At first, he was surprised by her move but then he smiled and pulled her body close to his.

"So do you like me?"

"Like you? Hell na!"

He pulled back. "You don't like me?! All this closeness for nothing?!"

She started looking around, anywhere but him. But he took her face in his long-fingered hands. They were warm. Like heavens. This might be the only chance to tell him her feelings. She straightened up.

"I... I actually... l-love you. Loved you since the day I met you at Mina's place." She looked down, she couldn't look into his eyes. Maybe she had taken it too far too fast.

He pulled his hands away and looked at her in shock. Noooo!

"For real?! Love me! L.O.V.E me?!"

"Yeah?"

"I guess I love you too then..."

Yoongi scooped her up in his arms and gave a peck on her cheek. She turned tomato red.

"I don't know if it's too quick.... but would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asked her hopefully.

Nayeon hesitated for a moment. She had had a boyfriend before, a couple of years ago. He had cheated on her. What if Yoongi does that, too, choose another girl over her someday? She did not want to go through the heartbreak again. But she trusted Yoongi, he would not do that to her, right? She has to avail the chance of being with him, maybe forever...

She saw the longing deep beneath in his eyes. Wait, is he making a puppy face?! Gosh! He looks so cute. Ermahgerd!

"Oh, yes. Definitely." She smiled, her arms around his neck.

"You look pretty."

"That was sudden, but I know. I look great in every color, not just purple."

"Of course. "

"Yup."

"................"   

"Would you like to go out with me?"

"................"

"Isn't that obvious?"

"Is it?" He couldn't stop smiling.

"Dummy."