22| Things Just Fall Into Place

Start from the beginning

    Another gasp. "You and Noah were hanging out? Willingly?" Jeremy gawked. "That's like the 3rd time this month!"

    "Yeah, what the hell?" Bianca added. "What did you do?"

    "Uh, we went to the park with his little sister and we talked a lot. He told me about his parents and stuff and I mildly talked about mine," I said. "And then we went to his sister's ballet recital and got ice cream and walked around downtown Columbus after that."

    Their mouths simultaneously dropped open. "What. The. Hell," Bianca said.

    "Sounds like the 2 of you are getting close," Jeremy drawled.

    "We kind of agreed to be friends."

    Jeremy started choking on his mint, and Bianca patted his back violently to get him to stop. Finally, the halfway melted mint flew out of Jeremy's mouth and onto my planner. I looked up and glared at him.

    "Sorry," he squeaked. "You caught me off guard." He reached over and grabbed the mint, then tossing it into the trash can beside him. "You're friends now, then?"

    I nodded. "Yup."

    Bianca and Jeremy looked at each other. They were making random hand motions and weird faces. Clearly, they were having a discussion with their eyes.

    "Will someone just say what you're both thinking?" I snapped, causing them to look back at me.

    Suddenly, Jeremy's face turned into a wide smile. "You like him," he teased.

    I rolled my eyes. "Do you have to be so childish?"

    "It's not childish. It's fact, girl," Bianca said. "I haven't been the biggest fan of Noah Locke. But I'm not blind, Logan. There has always been something between you 2."

    "You're insane."

    "She's right," Jeremy agreed. "Especially for the last few months since the bonding camp. The sexual tension is insane."

    "Oh my god!" I exclaimed. "God. No. There is no such thing as sexual tension between me and Noah. We are literally just now becoming friends. We hated each other months ago! So you're both crazy."

    Jeremy shrugged. "You'll see what we mean," he said. "That is, if you're coming on the fall break trip to Florida."

    Right. The fall break trip. This year, Gracie had planned an "extravagant" trip to Orlando, Florida. The guest list was exclusive, though. It wasn't like everyone on the teams were invited, which meant no annoying-as-fuck Genevieve and Savannah.

    But the guest list currently included: Me, Bianca, Jeremy, Cayden, Porkchop, Tanner, Jordan, Charlie, Rose, Sophie, Melissa, Troy, Zane, Lucas, Olivia, Ruby, and... Noah. Most were obviously on the volleyball team with the exception of a few.

    Basically, the trip was going to be a fun 5 days of "fun in the Florida sun" as Gracie had advertised. The beaches in Florida were nicer than the ones in Georgia, and not to mention, we had the best place to stay. Gracie had somehow coerced Noah into agreeing to the trip and letting everyone stay at his family's beach house in Florida. I had seen pictures of it on Zillow. It was insane, and it would easily fit everyone on the list who was attending.

    I still wasn't sure if I could go or not. I hadn't exactly talked to my parents about it yet. For every other fall break, I hadn't gone anywhere. My parents liked to stay at home and chill out. And especially after Billie left, they wouldn't want me to go anywhere. In fact, they wouldn't let me. The fact that it was called "fall break" made them uneasy at the mention of the word "break". I swear, it was an actual trigger for them. So I guess you could say I was slightly terrified to ask them if I could go on the trip. But I really wanted to go, which was why I was so hellbent on staying focused this week. If I could get all of my work done, maybe that would be enough to convince my parents to let me go on the trip?