Chapter Thirty

My phone's alarm blared as I was knocked out of a glorious dream inside the meadow with Natsu.

I groaned, searching for the stupid thing in irritation before I felt a shift in the bed beside me. I snapped up, seeing Natsu holding my phone and gently shutting off my alarm.

"It's the weekend, love. Why do you have an alarm?" He asked.

A grin etched its way on to my face as I jumped up in excitement, "Natsu!" I rejoiced, "You're still here!"

He smiled softly, his bright green eyes gleaming back at me, "Where else am I gonna go?"

"But you never stay." I accused, and he chuckled as I climbed on to his lap. He looked at me in slight shock and curiosity. I froze. Was this too much for him? I had no idea what was considered too much for him! One minute, he was practically just as human as I am, and the next, he was struggling to resist his demonic urges with me, "Sorry." I mumbled, and he shook his head softly.

"Nah, I kinda like you in this position." He whispered seductively into my ear. Jeez, it wasn't even ten in the morning yet and he was already toying with my emotions. I shuddered, feeling his lips touch and graze the skin of my throat. My mind suddenly shot something at me.

I pulled away, "Jude..." I inquired, worried we might get interrupted by my father.

He smiled, "He left an hour ago, baby." He assured me, making my insides clench, "After reattaching your battery cables." He chuckled, "He really thought you were trying to escape last night, but is that seriously all he needed to do to ensure that you didn't?"

I grabbed a pillow and hit him with it, making him growl playfully before hastily pinning me on my bed and attacking me with the same pillow. My room boomed with our laughter, and I grabbed another pillow to defend myself with. After a moment, I waved an imaginary white flag.

"Time... out..." I laughed, both of us trying to catch our breath, "I need a human minute." I said, and he nodded adorably before falling back on my comforter. I got up to go to the bathroom.

After acknowledging I in no way looked like myself—the girl in the mirror was vibrant, alive, and fluent—and brushing my teeth before combing my hair out, I reentered my room to see Natsu standing up.

After noticing his change in outfit, no longer the one he wore to the meadow but some light-blue jeans and a thin black long-sleeved sweater, I snapped my fingers at him.

"You did leave me last night!" I said.

He looked down at his new clothes, his mouth forming a straight line as he realized he'd been caught, "What?" He shrugged, "I couldn't leave in the clothes I came in. What would the neighbors think?" He smirked, and I rolled my eyes.

I walked to my dresser to choose an outfit for the day.

"I came right back, Lucy." He said, suddenly behind me and grabbing me into his fiery arms. I giggled as he snuggled into my neck. His craving wasn't that bad.

"So what did you hear last night?" I inquired, feeling him chuckle against me from acknowledging my sleep talking.

He rose up to whisper into my ear softly, "You said you loved me." I blushed scarlet.

"You already knew that." I said, and he looked at me.

"It's amazing to hear all the same." He said, and I turned my head to look at him, "I love you." He said, as if I was the air he breathed. I nearly started crying; it was amazing to hear.

"I love you." I replied, our noses rubbing against one another before his lips kissed mine from behind. His warm arms held me tenderly as our lips stuck to one another's. When he pulled away, I looked at him in confusion. I wanted more than that. His serious expression made me patient.