Communication Is Key (Freed X Reader) (Gender Neutral Pronouns)

Start from the beginning

The H/c mage jumped slightly and glance at him briefly before answering.

"Not really, just looking for something to do, need some alone time I guess," 

The rune mage snuck a glance at them before nodding.

"I can go with you if you'd like," He offered

Y/n turned to him with a small frown

"I kind of want to be alone for a bit," The H/c mage replied and Freed nodded once more 

"I understand," Freed responded as Y/n took one of the request sheets "Make sure to stay safe though,"

 "I will,"

After showing Mira the request, the H/c mage left the guild, walking to the address stated on the request which was fairly close.

Freed sat at the bar after Y/n left, Mira starting a conversation with the rune mage.

"Have you heard about Y/n?" The white-haired girl asked, earning a frown and a shake of the head from Freed. Mira grinned at how easily her plan was coming together "They're planning on asking someone in the guild out on a date,"

She could see Freed's face set in a small frown however, he tried not to let his displeasure at the information show on his face.

"Any idea who it is?" The rune mage asked, his voice not betraying how he felt upon hearing the news.

"Sorry, I don't, I could ask if you'd like?" Mira offered and Freed shook his head.

"No, no it's alright. It's none of my business,"

A smirk made its way onto Mira's face, clearly seeing the jealousy bubbling under the rune mages skin.

"As long as they don't hurt Y/n I have no reason to get involved," 

The conversation ended swiftly after that and Mira considered her job now done. With both mages jealous and thinking that someone else was in the picture, they might be encouraged to admit their true feelings for each other. Or so she hoped.

Unfortunately, it appeared her plan hadn't worked. A week had passed and upon observing the two mages in the guild, Mira saw that instead of encouraging them to confess, the two had barely talked to each other.

Since Y/n returned from their mission, she had seen the two talk twice on their own. Often when they were sat with the rest of the raijinshuu and ended up left together, they would sit in silence, awkward tension hanging in the air around them.

It seemed Mira hadn't been the only one to notice either as she had now been approached by both Evergreen and Laxus asking if something had happened which they weren't aware of which she had reassured them she would fix.

And so, she now had to think of a plan to reverse her previous plan.

Her opportunity came in the form of Y/n offering to help her out behind the bar, offering to organise one of the storage rooms. Mira accepted gratefully and kept an eye out for the rune mage who luckily appeared soon enough.

"Ah, Freed," Mira spoke, rushing to sort out drinks for various guild members. "Would you mind grabbing some more glasses for me out of the storage room?"

"Of course," The rune mage replied, not noticing Mira's conniving grin as he walked around the back of the bar to the large room.

Mira watched him enter the room and grinned evilly before moving to lock the door after him, noticing the people at the bar mirroring her wicked smile.