The poor doctor who was already sweating, shook his head in denial.

"Then what is it?" Dreidan asked angrily.

The doctor pulled out a handkerchief and wiped his forehead. "Apparently, Avatia had extremely high blood pressure which I'm not sure she knew. And from what I realized, she was put in an extremely cold place since there was ice in her hair and her body was freezing cold. I presume she was locked in a freezer, am I right?" The doctor asked all this while, stammering.

"Just fucking go straight to the damn point." Dreidan who was loosing his temper already, said.

The doctor continued. "As a result of whatever caused her to be so cold, she went into a hypothermic shock. Also resulting to a cardiac arrest. My team and I tried our best to resuscitate her but she ended up in a comatose state."

"When would she wake up?"

The doctor scratched his forehead. "I really don't know sir. It may take days, weeks, months as well as a year or more. You just have to pray for a miracle. Her body is very weak, and so is her heart. I'm sorry but she's in danger. Right now, she needs people around her. She needs her family by her side." The doctor explained. "And if you would excuse me, I still have a few things to do. You'll be able to see her in  a couple of minutes though." He said  and walked away.

Dreidan stood there speechless. She was in a coma? That means she could die anytime. What the fuck had he gotten an innocent girl into? And how would he call her mother now?

After contemplating for a while, he decided to use Jade. After all, Grace already knew Jade. A nurse walked up to him and told him he could go in and see Avatia. Before he went in, he called Jade to tell Grace to come over to the hospital. Then slowly, he made his way into the room.

The sight in front of him broke his heart. There she was, red marks covered the few parts of her face that tubes were not covering already. Leo must have beaten her hard. And she was naked. That fool raped her. Oh Leo. He was going to cut off his manhood for sure.

His beautiful Avatia laid there, pale and looking sad in her sleep. Her beautiful eyes were full of eye bags and hair was really disheveled.

It reminded him of Nevaeh. When he saw her corpse, her lips were slightly down with all the bruises that covered her face. She looked sad. Like she had been badly beaten instead of the accident he thought she was involved in. He had thought it was just because of the accident but now that he thought about it again, was it really an accident? And now, looking at Avatia, laying in bed in so much pain, he felt terribly guilty.

He didn't want to be the cause of her pain but he was. Looking at her almost lifeless state, he really realized he couldn't afford to loose her too. He lost Nevaeh too fast and now that he was blessed with another woman, was he also going to loose her? No. Never. He couldn't loose this one because it was a sure fact. He loved her. He didn't know when he had fallen in love with her but he had. And he had fallen hard. She was his new HEAVEN.

He kept staring at the beautiful girl with so many medical tubes connected to her upper body that he didn't know a lot of time had passed. Soon, the door burst open and a crying Grace and Draya and a panick looking Jade walked in.

Grace and Draya immediately rushed towards Avatia, their shoulders shaking as they cried.

Grace spoke up. "My baby, who did this to you? Who did this?" Then she turned and saw Dreidan. Her motherly instincts kicked in and before she knew it, she marched furiously towards him. And before she could hold herself, she slapped him and more and more followed. "You bastard. I told you to stay away from my daughter and you didn't. Look. Look there young man. Look at my innocent daughter. Look at what you've done to her." She ended as she broke down and cried. "Are you happy? Are you satisfied? This is what you wanted, right? You despicable bastard."

Draya who was crying and watching the scene sadly walked towards the crying mother and held her. Grace was too weak to pull away.

After she cried for a while, she pulled away and looked at Dreidan, fury in her eyes, but more calm this time. "You bring nothing more than pain everywhere you go to. I got into trouble because of you. I can accept that. But my daughter. That's a different case. And as hard as it can be, I forgive you. And I also want you to walk out of that door..." She said as she pointed the door in the room. "And as you walk out of that door, walk out of my daughter's life as well. And this time, for good. I mean it. My daughter deserves someone better."

There was nothing that could break Dreidan's heart more than those words. Just when he realized he loved Avatia, he had to leave her? It was like killing him again. "But ma'am..."

Grace pointed the door and shut her eyes. "Please sir, just leave."

And as if Nevaeh's death wasn't enough to break him, walking out of Avatia's life shattered him completely. He looked at the woman he loved so much, looked at Draya, then at Grace, bowed his head and said. "I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused." And with that, he walked away, with Jade following behind.

______________________________

Someone please give me some tissue😭😭😭 first was Nevaeh😭😭 and now Avatia?

And is Dreidan really leaving? I swear I'm crying😭😭

Please do vote if you do not want Dreidan out of the picture.

I said voteeee😭😭