21| Hannah Montana is The Cure For Everything

Start from the beginning

I pulled up to my house and Logan stopped singing. "We're at your house? Noah Locke, I thought you told me that you weren't a player!" She teased, elbowing me in the arm. She wore a wide grin the entire time, and I couldn't help but smile back. I could almost feel myself blushing.

Nope. I do not blush.

"Don't flatter yourself, Pierce," I replied. "We're just picking up my sister. And then we're going to the park.

"The park?" She asked. "We're going to the park."

I nodded. "And then she has a ballet recital that I'm forcing you to go to. We'll just have to see where the night takes us after that."

The back door swung open and I turned around to see Amelia jump in the car. "Noah!" She yelled, then looked over at Logan and smiled widely. "Is this your girlfriend?"

"Absolutely not," Logan answered, and Amelia frowned.

I rolled my eyes. "Amelia, this is my frenemy Logan."

"What's a frenemy?"

"It's when 2 people are kind of friends, but also kind of dislike each other," I informed her, shooting Logan a smirk. She brushed it off and turned around to face Amelia.

"I'm Logan," she introduced.

Amelia smiled. "I'm Amelia, and you can call me Amelia because I don't like any of the nicknames associated with my name. They're all gross. Millie, Mel, the works," she replied, and Logan chuckled.

"I like her," Logan said to me, turning back to face the road. I started driving away to take us to the park. The entire ride was filled with Amelia blabbing on and on about Barbie movies, her ballet recital tonight, and bubblegum flavored ice cream. She always was a talkative one.

At the park, Amelia immediately ran over to where our neighbors were playing on the playground. She always got extremely excited when there were other kids hanging out, even if she didn't know them. Amelia had a knack for making new friends. She was just likable and she put herself out there. I honestly admired her a little bit, which was slightly dumb since she was so much younger than me.

Logan and I started walking around the park to kill time while Amelia had her fun.

"How old is she?" Logan asked.

"Hmm? Oh, Amelia. She's 6, she's in 1st grade," I told her, and she nodded.

"And she dances, then?"

"Yeah. Ballet mostly, it's her favorite. She does a little bit of everything, though."

"Cool," Logan said. "Do you go to every one of her recitals?"

"I try to," I said. "My parents are never home, so they can hardly ever make it. I like to see her face when she sees me in the crowd clapping for her at the end. Her eyes just light up, and her smile is perfect."

"That's sweet," Logan said, and then cleared her throat. "I mean, for you. Being an asshole and all, that's the nicest thing you've admitted to doing."

"I'll take that as a half-compliment."

"So what do your parents do then?" Logan asked.

"You really are asking a lot of questions, Pierce. Kind of seems like you're trying to get to know me better," I teased, and she punched me in the arm.

"Shut the hell up. I just don't want to walk in awkward silence. And... frenemies can talk, can't they?" She responded, and I shrugged.

"I guess," I said. "My parents are both pretty big in the business world. They have their own business and they go around helping others ad buying others to keep them alive. They just travel a lot."