14

its all unedited and raw content. i didnt even do a spellcheck so pls forgive any stupid grammatical errors.

We were led two levels into the basement. Here, the windowless walls, the cold floor and the low ceiling – all were made of stone. Big blocks of stone, the gaps between which glowed with light. Mostly yellow, but there were parts where I spotted blue, green and even red! Though the air was relatively dry, it still smelled of earth, the scent in the air after a shower of rain.

Large double doors stood invitingly open at the end of the corridor. A humungous hall decorated by traditional banners above each table could be seen beyond the threshold of the oaken doors. It reminded me of the great hall at Hogwarts. A buzz of adrelanin rushed through my bloodstream as I realized how this, is not so different from the life of harry potter or percy Jackson.

The bitter disappointment I faced after my eleventh birthday was forgotten, now that my life itself has become quite similar to a fantasy novel. Would there be elves here? Or dwarfes? There's so much to find out.

The floor master led us to a table in a shadowy corner. The farthest from the hustle-bustle of the buffet table.

What... no magically appearing food made by house elves?

Disappointing.

I groaned inwardly at the mere prospect of crossing this huge hall every time to get food and to deposit plates, to get refills... ugh.

Next time, the table I choose would be right next to the buffet. One thing I can definitely use my brain for, is calculating a seat using the pythagoreas theorem which has the shortest total distance from the main door, the desserts, the waste bin and the buffet.

Convenience is my forte.

"the tables are allotted per batch. You will dine with your batch mates every day, your trainer would be allotted to you in the orientation, he will join you tomorrow onwards" explained the floor master in a clipped tone, gesturing to the brown glass table with his sour expression intact before he spun on his heels and left.

Thankfully, we were the only ones right now. Every table was only occupied by a few people, a mix of boys and girls, of varying ages either expressively chatting or sinking in awkwardness, unable to make eye contact with the person sitting next to them.

Proud of myself, I wasn't part of that majority.

"excuse me, I... I'm very sorry to interrupt you but... umm... could I umm... possibly get an autograph please?" a flustered teenage girl stuttered.

I was shocked.

My eyes widened in horror (because I was pathetic in continuing simple social conversations).

Then... my shoulders sagged with relief as I found out that she was asking Michael.

I mentally facepalmed myself. Why on earth would she ask a lowly boy like me for an autograph?

Because I'm a lord maybe... a small voice piped up in the back of my head.

She definitely wouldn't ask on earth, but I am not currently on earth, am I, the small voice added suggestively

– duh, poor joke.

With a charming smile, Michael signed on the enlarged photo of himself which would eventually find its way into the bedroom of a teenage girl, framed with cartoon hearts and looked upon so much that it could make a mirror jealous.

Somebody on this table was a celebrity... mm...hmm.

Maybe I would be one someday too, I sighed dreamily as the girl left, exited to share every little exaggerated detail to her equally exited friends who would love hearing how many times Michael blinked during the encounter.

My hopeful, dreamy expression melted into that of horror as I saw a boy and a girl approaching our table. They were definitely not interested in an autograph.

The members of the same gang which had offered me a not-so-friendly scowl when we were entering the building.

Right now, they looked pretty amicable though.

My suspicions were confirmed as they took a seat on our table.

"hi, I'm Hillian" the tall boy offered his hand.

"i'm Daniel"

"Michael", we returned the handshake.

"Who doesn't know you prince boy? Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Ferelith, though most people call me fae" she grinned at us.

"nice to meet you" Michael had the brains to reply.

Hillian surveyed Michael with calculating eyes. I made a mental note to keep an eye on him.

"where are you from" I enquired curiously.

"oh, teras itself. the neighborhood right outside the castle, it's a lovely place, you should visit someday" ferel... ugh... fae replied cheerfully.

"I was born in xenon but have been living here, on teras for my whole life" hillian gestured.

Hmm... so I'm stuck with three... umm... terasians... terasiis?

Whatever.

"oh my god, I'm sorry I was late, I couldn't figure out the table. God knows why the kept it in such a hidden corner. The floor master was so grumpy, just because I got late, he's so particular! Jeez, I didn't even introduce myself. What a pathetic start to the day. By the way, I'm pansy, I'm 16 and I try to be on time but I always get late..."

She went on and on, stumbling and knocking things over, while we three stared at her open mouthed.

But then she stopped short on catching sight of the 'dear' prince that sat between us. Her eyes widened and color rushed to her face as she assessed her own clumsiness.

With a squeal of embarrasment, she continued

"shit! I'm so sorry, I didn't know that you were on our table. What a luck! The prince himself. I'm sorry, I'm just such a mess. Of course I know that you were joining this year but I didn't expect for the life of me that I'd be in your batch. This is just great. I'm so...

I sighed in resignation.

"its totally fine, just calm down. Here, take a seat" hillian pulled out the last vacant seat for her.

"do I talk a lot? Mom always tells me to talk a little less. I didn't mean to offend its just that-"

She was cut short as hillian provided her with false reassurances.

"no, of course not, totally fine, we understand. Just catch your breath, calm down. I'm hillian by the way. Nice meeting you pansy" he smiled.

Evil glares or not, he knew how to handle a talkative teenager. Maybe there is some chemistry...

A/N tell me what you think about hillian, pansy and fae...