Extra

Severus loved his afternoons when all his grading was completed and there were no detentions to supervise. On those quiet afternoons when everyone was too busy to bother him, he had time to indulge in some much need self-love time. A time where Severus just relaxed and lounged around. He would sit by his fire in his favourite armchair reading a good book, basking in the peacefulness.

That was why he was suddenly forced into a bad mood when a knock came from his door. It most definitely wasn't the headmaster, as he would pop in regardless of the politeness in knocking, Minerva didn't visit him in his private chambers unless there was an emergency and it couldn't be Hermione as she usually barged in when she was free from teaching.

So it had to be a student. And that was a bad thing. A very, very bad thing. The last time a student knocked on his door, it was a second year Slytherin girl who was hysterical because she didn't know what a period was and thought she was dying. Not a good time in his life.

He growled and stormed to his door, wrenching it open, only to be surprised when he saw the bushy head of Hermione.

"Hermione? Why did you knock?" he asked. That's when he noticed someone standing behind her. He was surprised he didn't see him first as he was definitely taller than Hermione, towering over her 5′5 frame.

The man looked like he had been playing quidditch for quite some time, or at least worked out a lot. He wore plain dark blue robes that showed a fairly muscular body. He could see the hint of a tattoo peeking out from under his collar that signified that he probably had them covering his arms and his blonde hair was styled perfectly in that 'just rolled out of bed' look. His green eyes twinkled as he have Severus a small smile.

He was a handsome man with Hermione and Severus hated him.

"Yeah, well, I wanted to give Alex the false sense that I am a polite young woman," Hermione replied as she glanced nervously from this Alex guy to him.

Alex huffed. "I already know you're not 100% polite. I see you every day and get treated the same way Mr Snape is greeted."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Alex, you're not helping."

Severus rose his eyebrow. She sees him every day?

"Yes, well...This is Alex, Severus. My boyfriend."

Severus chocked on his on spit. "You're not allowed a boyfriend."

Hermione frowned. "I'm twenty-seven."

Severus crossed his arms. "You're not allowed to date until I'm dead."

"But that could take forever," Hermione whined. "Wizards are said to die when they are around one-hundred and thirty. You're only fifty."

"Exactly."

Alex cleared his throat. "May we discuss when Hermione is allowed to date inside, sir?"

Severus glared at him.

"What a good idea! Why don't you let us in Sevvy?" Hermione smiled gleefully.

Severus turned his glare to her. "Fine."

All three of them sat in front of the fire now, Severus's peace and quiet now gone.

"So what is this about you and Alex dating?" Severus sneered.

Hermione ignored the look and smiled happily as she hugged the man's arm close to her. "Alex and I have been dating for about... two years now? Is that right?"

Alex smiled adoringly and nodded. "That's right. A full two years in about a week."

Any colour in Severus's face drained. "Two years?" he whispered to himself in horror. "Two years? And you didn't think to tell me sooner?"