11|The Attack

Hermione: 3 years 5 months

Chapter 11

"Sevvy! Wakeup!"

Severus woke to the feeling of something continuously poking and prodding his body. He groaned in annoyance and sluggishly swiped his arms around. He heard giggling in the background and he dragged the closest pillow he could feel over his head to block out the noise. Why didn't people understand that he valued sleep? Why didn't they understand the precious rare gift that humanity is given when they fall into an unconscious bliss? He sighed and tried to fall asleep again. He was not so lucky.

"Sevvy! You promised we could go to Flourish and Blotts!" Hermione squealed.

Yes, why did you agree to such a thing? And this early in the morning? Oh, that's right, he didn't set a time, so obviously Hermione thought it perfect to go in the morning! Ugh, blast it all to hell!

Slowly and reluctantly, he uncovered his face. He blinked, squeezed his eyes, and blinked again. Why did he agree to let Dumbledore brighten the room?

"Come on!" Hermione bounced up and down on the bed. Her chubby legs and arms flying at all angles.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm getting up," Severus grumbled.

"Not fast enough," Hermione whined.

Severus sighed. "Okay, no more jumping on the bed, you'll break the springs with your heavyweight."

"Hey! I'm not heavy!" Hermione pouted.

"Yes, you are."

"No, you are!" Hermione crossed her arms over her chest and stuck her chin out. "You'll break the bed with your fat bum."

"I will, will I?" Severus raised an eyebrow at her.

She nodded her head and stuck her tongue out at him.

"That's it," Severus growled playfully, "You've done it now. You woke me at a time that should not exist and call my bum fat. Now, you're going to get your fat bum smacked."

Before Hermione could run away, Severus grabbed her and laid her across his lap. She wiggled around and kicked her legs out, but Severus was too strong and didn't let her escape.

He brought his hand down and lightly smacked her on the bum. She screamed with laughter and tried to wriggle free again.

"Is my bum still fat?" Severus asked.

"Yes!"

He smacked her again.

"How about now?"

"I won't give up!"

"Tell me, Hermy? Are you ticklish?" Severus asked with an evil smirk on his face. She will pay for waking him up and calling him fat.

"What?" she asked innocently, stilling immediately. Oh, how he loved that Hermione is such a smart baby. He would hate to be stuck with a baby Weasley. Just the thought of it sends a disgusted shiver through his body.

"Are you ticklish?" He puts his fingers against her side. "Like here?"

He wiggles his fingers and Hermione let out a high-pitched scream. Her laughter soon turned to snorts as she struggled to breathe.

"You're a snort laugher?" Severus' shoulders shook with silent laughter.

"What's a snort laugher?" Hermione asked with a scrunched up face of confusion. She still hated not knowing something even at three years old.

"Oh, Hermy," Severus sighed, "You still have so much to learn. Come, let's get ready."

"Hey! You didn't answer me!"