17

Reading your comments just makes me so happy. You guys always make me smile and inspire me to write.
Disclaimer; I haven't read the books or watched the movies in a very long time.
- - -

One week before the Battle of Hogwarts

"[Name], there's someone here for you!" My mother called out to me, walking past me and back into her room. I sighed. I really wasn't in the mood to see anyone right now. It had been around a year since I left Hogwarts after the incident. I couldn't stand to see anyone. I walked to the front entrance and stopped suddenly as I saw who it was.

"Malfoy." I said coldly. He looked up at me. I was taken aback by his appearance. His hair was not done perfectly like it normally would and his eyes. His eyes. They broke my heart just looking at them. They were dull, void of existence. You wouldn't think that there was a soul behind them. And my cold tone didn't help. "Malfoy." I said again, softly, walking over to him.

"I shouldn't be here, but I had to see you." He grabbed my hands and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. "I don't have much time." I pulled him over to the living room and sat beside him on the couch.

"What's going on?" He took in a deep breath and looked into my eyes.

"The Dark Lord is going to attack. He knows Harry is looking for his Horcruxes and he is not happy at-"

"Horcruxes?" I cut him off.

"It's not important, love," he twirled a piece of my hair. "He's going to attack Hogwarts and we need to be ready."

"We?" He nodded.

"Harry needs as much help as possible." My eyes widened as big as they could go. Harry and Draco? Draco helping Harry? Did I fall into a parallel universe? "I know what you're thinking," he rolled his eyes. "But I refuse to fight for that foul excuse of a wizard."

"I understand. I'll come with you. Anything for you and Harry." He pecked me gently on the lips.

"I missed you."

I smiled. "I missed you too."

- - -

The Battle of Hogwarts

I watched as they marched in. My wand was ready, but my heart wasn't. After I had left with Draco, I had gotten news that my mother had joined my grandfather. She had betrayed me, betrayed all of her friends. Harry had thanked me for joining him, while Draco had disappeared, probably trying to seek his mother.

I ran inside the castle, helping cast as many protection spells as I could. I wasn't prepared to lose anyone to him. He didn't deserve it.

"Harry!" I cried as he ran over to me. "How are things going?"

His face was flushed and he gently placed his hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "So far, so good. Hermione and Ron are going to destroy a Horcrux." He but his lip.

"What's wrong?"

He sighed. "He wants me, [Name]. He won't stop until he gets me."

I gave him a reassuring hug. "I'm staying with you, no matter what." He smiled.

"I appreciate it, but I can't risk having you get hurt."

"I don't care. He's my blood and I want to watch him lose." Harry nodded and I jumped as a slippery voice made its way into our ears.

One hour. That's all Harry had. We tried to stop him from going, but it was no use. Upholding my promise, I followed him to the Forbidden Forest. I watched silently as he picked up a stone. Talking to...no one? He dropped it and continued on. I quickly ran to the area it was dropped and picked it up myself. It was just a stone? I didn't understand what he was doing with it.

A crunch of leaves snapped my head up and I gasped as I saw Lupin standing before me. "Dad!" I cried, running to hug him. But I just went right through. I tried again, but to no avail. "Dad?"

He looked at me sadly. "My dear, do you know what you're holding?" I looked down at the stone. I had no idea.

"Why can't I touch you? What's happening?" My eyes welled up with tears as I watched my father silently cry as I pondered what was going on. I looked back down. And then it clicked.

"The resurrection stone...which means...no. No. You are not dead." I looked back up at him. He was joined by a little boy who had a big smile on his face as he grasped his father's hand.

"[Name]! He smiled widely. The tears fell and I sobbed.

"Benji..."

"I miss you, [Name]! When can we play together again?" My cries got louder and I watched as my father's expression turned pained, knowing he couldn't take me into his arms and comfort me.

"I'll be with you soon, Benji. I-I promise. Save some cuddles for me." My voice broke.

"[Name]?" I wiped my eyes as Dad spoke. "Tonks and I had a son while you were gone. I know it's a shock, it was to me too. But-" He sniffled, trying to stop his tears. "Tonks passed too and I want you to take care of him. You're his sister, he needs you. Please." I nodded.

"I promise, Dad. I love yo-you." My voice wavered as I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. "I love you, Benji. I'll see you soon."

"But not too soon. Goodbye, dear. Save Harry." I let the stone fall out of my grasp and I sobbed into the ground. Gone. Everyone was gone. I was alone.

I had to save Harry.

- - -

im soBBING