05

i apologise for the short chapter. currently facing writer's block ):

---

"And who were these...Marauders?"

---

The DA had decided to let you back in and most people welcomed you back with open arms, not quite sure why you had left in the first place. The Golden Trio and you had began your hunt for your real father, but to no avail. Harry kept saying that you looked familiar, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He had a feeling that you already knew your father and was trying to think of any interactions he had witnessed with previous teachers at Hogwarts, or just anything. Then it clicked. He knew who your father was, just had to confirm it.

Draco had joined the Inquisitorial Squad which angered you. He smirked at you as he proudly showed off his new badge. "I'll be watching you, Riddle." He whispered in your ear.

You glared at him in disgust as he, Crabbe and Goyle all walked around the halls proudly, showing off their new badges. You didn't understand why Draco was so proud when he already was a prefect. And you'd say being a prefect is a lot better than being a part of Umbridge's spy squad.

The DA had all gathered in the Room of Requirement. You let out a little shudder as you remembered what had happened a couple of nights ago. You thanked Merlin that there weren't any black couches to remind you of the deed you had performed.

"Today we're doing Patronuses. These are very important as they help get rid of Dementors. And we all know what Dementors are like." Harry shuddered as he remembered his third year and the horrors he went through.

Soon the room was filled with silver light and silver animals running around. You were the only one who hadn't even produced a whisper of smoke. There didn't seem to be anything that made you super happy. You even thought about being with Draco and the night you confessed your love for each other, but that got washed away as he infuriating smirk and harsh words wormed themselves into your brain. The thought of Harry didn't work because you had a feeling he liked Cho or Ginny. Even your mother couldn't make you happy after you figured out the truth about her family and who you were related to.

"You okay, [Name]?" Harry asked, placing a hand on your shoulder. You nodded slightly and gave him a small smile.

"Just having trouble with happy memories," you sighed. "After my mother...I have nothing."
Harry rubbed his hand on your back. "I understand. I had trouble on my first time. Professor Lupin taught me. You remember him, right?"

You nodded, thinking about third year. Professor Lupin helped you tackle your boggart of a werewolf. You remembered the strained smile he gave you when it turned into the werewolf and the encouraging pat on the back.

"Just dig deep, okay? You'll find something."

You concentrated really hard, searching the deepest, darkest parts of your brain. There had to be something that wouldn't be overshadowed by bad memories. And then something came to you.

The grass was soft and a bright green. You and him ran down the hill, squealing as you tripped and rolled down. Both of you started giggling, hearing the firm voice of your mother.

"Get up you two! [Name], that is not ladylike!"

"Give her a break, [Mother's Name], they're having fun out in the open!" A male's voice entered your head. It was familiar and loving. It sent a warmth through your body and the sound was like music to your ears.

"Dad!" Your four-year-old body ran as fast as it could over to him, embracing his legs in a hug. Your brother ran over and joined you. He was eight and getting tall.

"Come here, love." Your father wrapped an arm around your mother's shoulders and pulled her into him, turning this into a family hug. The smile on your face was huge and you never wanted this moment to end. You and your family. It was perfect. It was bliss. You were content.

"Expecto Patronum," you whispered, tears falling down your face. The whispery werewolf floated out and began chasing the other patronuses. A werewolf? That was odd seeing as they were your worst fear.

"You okay, [Name]?" Harry repeated, quickly walking over to you.

"I'm okay, just remembered something I didn't even know existed."

Harry widened his eyes. "Was it to do with your dad?" You nodded, smiling.

"I heard his voice."

---

You paced in front of Dumbledore's office. You were desperate that was for sure. You didn't even know if he was still at Hogwarts, but it didn't hurt to try. Suddenly, the gargoyle started twirling and you were met with a staircase leading up to the Headmaster's office. You nervously walked up the stairs and opened the door, seeing a smiling Dumbledore looking at you over his half-moon spectacles.

"Well, hello, [Name]. Come to ask me about your family?" He smiled, beckoning you to sit in front of him by his desk.

"H-how did you know?" You stuttered.

"I know everything, now sit down and let us talk."

Your talk was interesting indeed. Dumbledore had known your mother and considered her to be a bright student. She was always seen with these boys called 'The Marauders', but tended to stay out of the trouble they brewed.

"And who were these...Maurauders?" You had asked.

"Why, Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew."

You had been shocked. What if James Potter was your father and you were related to Harry? The thought made you shudder and revolt in disgust. There's no way. You and Harry didn't even look alike.

"There was one of them that I saw your mother spend a lot of time with and I heard they had a son in their seventh year, quite the scandal actually." His eyes were twinkling.

---

You sat outside the owlery, scribbling up a quick note to your mother. You didn't miss the fact that you had a brother in that flashback and you wanted to know where he was and why he was never mentioned.

Mother,

I just remembered a moment from when I was four. I had a brother and a father. Who are they and where are they now?

Don't ignore me like last time. I want the truth.

[Name].

You called over Hedwig, Harry said you could borrow her and quickly sent the note off. Already becoming impatient.

"Why so angry, Riddle?" The blonde hair appeared in your vision, holding a note.

"None of your business, Malfoy." You snapped at him. His neutral expression turned into a smirk and he walked closer to you.

"Having withdrawals from me already? I would too if I slept with someone of this caliber." He flexed his muscles that you would have liked to call non-existent, but you couldn't.

"I'm not mad because I'm away from you. Just mad at my mother."

"Ah, typical females." Your eye twitched angrily and you kicked him in the shin.

"Git."

"Ouch, hey!" He posted his note and ran after you, whimpering in pain. "Aren't you gonna apologise?"

"No." He grabbed your arm and turned you around to face him.

"Seriously, [Name], what's wrong?" Your angry expression faltered at the sound of your name. You turned around to look at him. He looked concerned, his eyes held sincerity.

"Why do you care, Draco?"

"You're my future wife. I have to take care of you and I love you, remember?" Your eye twitched again at the word love. Sure at his house he might have confessed, but school had changed a lot of things and you didn't know what was real and what wasn't.

"You don't know what love is, Malfoy." You spat walking down the stairs, ignoring the hurt look on his face.

His voice drifted after you. "Maybe you don't know what love is."