08

hope you guys are enjoying this story! sorry about the slow updates, sometimes i find it hard to get motivation to write. but seeing all of your comments makes me super happy and makes me laugh, so keep commenting! i will try and update as much as i can as i'm on school holidays (:

also i made that picture that you're seeing, it was my first time but i hope you guys like them, i'll definitely make more in the future and if you'd like one you can message me xx
- - -

"Maybe I love you too."

- - -

Present Time
1995

"You don't know what love is, Malfoy." You spat walking down the stairs, ignoring the hurt look on his face.

His voice drifted after you. "Maybe you don't know what love is."

"Excuse me?" You whipped your head around to the platinum blonde-haired boy. He was staring at you with concern in his grey eyes and you knew he wasn't joking.

"I know what love is." He walked over to you. You backed away. A concerned Draco was not one you were used to.

"Love is pain, but also the best thing anyone could experience. I know I'm in love with you because I think about you all the time. When I wake up and before I go to sleep. I am truly in love with you, [Name] and I know you feel the same about me."

You were shocked. How could he say these things when he treated you like dirt? Not once had he shown an ounce of love towards you. At his manor, maybe, but school was a completely different deal.

"You don't love me," you backed away from him even more, creating distance. "Not once have you treated me with respect, you don't care about me, you only want my body." Tears began welling in your eyes, but all he did was stare at you with the same concerned look. He was confused. He was confused as to why you were defying him. He could get any girl, but it was you who had refused him, even after his attempts to keep you and reclaim your heart.

"You haven't shown any interest in helping me find my father. That's why I've found comfort in Harry. At least he actually cares."

Draco's expression turned from caring to rage. "Fine. Go off with Saint Potter if you care about him so much. Might as well just marry him, hey?" He threw off his ring and stormed off.

You were in shock. But also not surprised. You didn't accept his love, so now he was punishing you. You picked up his ring. You should throw it away. You didn't want to marry him...right? Then why did you care so much? You needed to talk to someone.

Mother,
Please meet me at Hogsmeade tomorrow. I need to see you.
Urgently. Boy trouble.
Love, [Name].

- - -

You sighed as you fiddled with the handle of the mug holding your butterbeer. Your mother was going to be here any second and you were quite nervous. You needed help with Draco, but you also wanted the truth about your father and your family. Maybe that could ease your feelings and help you figure out what you wanted.

"Darling?" The familiar voice sent your eyes flickering up and you stood up to embrace the woman you looked so alike to. You both sat down across from each other and you could tell she was nervous. She was fidgeting and nervously biting down on her bottom lip.

"I want the truth, mother," you began. "But first I need help."

You explained the Draco situation and how he discarded his ring. You knew it hurt you, but another part of you thought that you'd be better off with Harry. You didn't know what your heart wanted.

"Give Draco a chance," your mother said, resting her hand on yours. "He is a very troubled boy and obviously is stressing with what's going to happen next year-"

"What's going to happen next year?" You cut her off.

"Well, your grandfather," she winced, "Is going to give him the Dark Mark."
Your heart dropped. No wonder he had been so odd lately. He had a lifetime of pain coming his way. A responsibility no teenager should have.

You decided to change the subject and question your mother about the truth of your father. "Why would you tell me it was him?"

"It was the only way he'd promise not to recruit you. After-" she paused.
"My brother?" You narrowed your eyes.
"H-How did you know?"
"A memory of mine resurfaced. Care to explain?"

So she did, reluctantly. She told you how Voldemort wanted him to carry on the Riddle line and follow in his footsteps. She said how she ran away with the father of her baby and they built a life together. She told you how there was a third child on the way, but she lost her.

"Why did you lose the baby, mum? What happened to my brother?" You sniffled as you heard her describe your passed older brother. He seemed perfect and fun and you could hear the love in her voice as she talked about him.

"Well, y-your father killed him." Your jaw dropped. "N-not on purpose! He's a werewolf."

"W-what?" A werewolf? You only knew one person that was a werewolf and that was, "Professor Lupin."

- - -
(my timeline sucks btw)

You hurried to the Room of Requirement. You couldn't find Draco anywhere and this was the only place he could be. You walked past the doors, thinking of him. They opened and you ran inside.

You found his bright hair sitting on a chair in front of the fire. He was rubbing his forearm.
"Draco?" You walked over to him and sat on the chair next to him. "Are you okay?"

"Figured it out, have you?" His voice was cold. "It's a punishment for my father getting caught in the Ministry of Magic."

You were confused as you didn't know the events that had taken place with the DA and the Death Eaters.

"I'm sure you'll be okay. You're strong, Draco." He stood up abruptly and glared at you.

"You don't understand! I don't have a choice, he's going to punish me. Severely. What part of that don't you understand?"

"I understand it all, Draco. I'm related to him for Merlin's sake! I am constantly living in fear because he could come after me and no one can do anything about it. My mother just told me everything and now she's in danger too. My brother is dead, my sister was dead before she was born, my father is a werewolf!"

"What?" All his anger was gone. "Werewolf?"

"My father is Professor Lupin."

Draco was shocked to say the least. All his hatred towards you had vanished. He sat down next to you and rubbed your hands soothingly. You picked out his ring from your pocket and slipped it back on his finger.

"Maybe I love you too." You stared into his eyes. "We'll get through this. I'll be here to support you and I'll even take the Dark Mark if it means I can protect you and my friends."

He smiled. A genuine one. His face leaned in closer towards yours and you met each other in the middle. You pressed your lips against his, gently. But he deepened it and it became one intense battle of passion. You ran your hands through his hair and moaned as he bit on your lip slightly.

You pulled away, panting. He had his usual smirk on his face again.

"So you came looking for me instead of, Potter?" He grinned, twirling your hair.
"Shut up." You playfully pushed him. But inside you were glad he was back to his normal self.

He flicked your head, it was gentle but you decided to play it off as something bigger.
"Ow!" You rubbed your head.

"I'm sorry!" He tried to rub it and ease the 'pain' away. You giggled at how cute he was being. "How's your head?"

You grinned cheekily, "Haven't had any complaints."

- - -
this one was a bit more mushy, but i hope you enjoyed it nevertheless.
also if you got the reference in the last two lines, I LOVE YOU!
next chapter coming sooon, apologies for any mistakes, writing this on my ipad
xx