Chapter 5

"Bakugo, wait a minute!" Kirishima called behind him.

"Sorry, I have somewhere to be, see you tomorrow!" Bakugo yelled over his shoulder and picked up the pace. Technically, he wasn't running away, more like brisk walking. Once he lost sight of Kirishima, he realized he probably looked like a powerwalking old lady and slowed down.

He felt jumpy and wired, like he just chugged 4 cups of coffee on an empty stomach, but at least his hard-on was gone. Shit, shit, SHIT. What the hell? Better question: WHY the hell? Did he react like that because of his dreams lately? Or did his strange fascination with Kirishima's teeth make him finally lose it completely?

Passing by the shiny, polished display windows of a store, he caught a glimpse of his reflection and froze. He stepped closer to the glass, almost pressing his nose against it, and arched his neck to look at the spot Kirishima had just bitten.

It was a lovely pink, with only the barest hint of teeth indentations. No blood, though. All the same, a surge of excitement raced through his body and he touched his neck with trembling fingers. He pressed his forehead against the cool glass, puffs of breath fogging the surface. Shifting slightly, he reached down and discretely adjusted his dick in his pants. God, he wanted to jerk off so badly. He thumped his head against the glass, glanced at the quickly fading bitemark one more time, and forced himself to keep walking down the sidewalk.

Time to go home, he had enough walking around in public with an erection to last him a lifetime. The rest of the day passed by uneventfully, and soon it was time for bed again. He ran on his treadmill until he utterly exhausted himself, in the hopes that he'd slip peacefully into an empty, dreamless sleep.

Of course, he wasn't so lucky. He woke up in the middle of the night, with his heart racing. The dream was so much more vivid this time. He could clearly see Kirishima's face, looking at him with the same expression he wore after biting him earlier. Intense and hot, like nothing else mattered but him. Bakugo refused to jerk off again, afraid that if he fell into that habit it would mean nothing but trouble. Getting back to sleep was a struggle and he woke up in the morning feeling like he had maybe 4 hours of sleep, total.

He went into work exhausted and irritable Tuesday morning, glaring at anyone who tired to greet him. Keeping his head down, he walked straight for the locker room, colliding with someone who was walking out of the locker room at the same time. Large, warm hands clasped his arms, steadying him.

"Whoa there. You okay?"

Bakugo swallowed a surprised gasp and looked up at Kirishima, who was already in his hero costume. "Fucking wonderful, now let go."

Kirishima's smile died slowly. "Ah, sorry." He dropped his hands. "How were your days off? I mean, aside from when we met up. You don't look so good."

"Same old shit. I'll get into my hero costume and we can head out." He edged away, the rustle of his bandaged bitemark seemed extremely loud in his ear.

"Sounds good. I have our patrol assignment already. We're going to be primarily in the 8th quadrant but a little in the 7th, too."

Bakugo nodded and headed for his locker. As he dressed, he mentally prepared himself. They were best friends, that's all. Sure, there'd been some weirdness lately because of the biting stuff but it was just a mistake. The dreams couldn't repeat themselves indefinitely.

Kirishima waited for Bakugo outside the locker room, and they both left the Home Office together. Patrol shuttles were lined up along the side of the building, where bored drivers all waited to take heroes to their assigned quadrants. It worked a lot like airport shuttles, really. The Hero Commission didn't want to be responsible for hero's personal vehicles and many heroes, like Kirishima, didn't even drive. They hopped onto the 8th quadrant shuttle and sat in the hard, plastic seats.