- @DebAMacD

Hey, guys, this next lovely woman is someone I admired when I just started writing, even though I'm yet to get to her work but it is what it is. Anyway, I've been planning to get her for a while now but it's all about the right time.

Ladies and gentlemen my very talented friend Deb took the time out to sit with us for an interview and it went down like this.

_____________________

Hi Deb, how're you doing? Let's get started.

If you could compare yourself with any animal, which would it be and why?

That's a tough question as I think there are several I could compare myself to, for example: I'm like a bear when it comes to protecting the ones I love, and like a wolf, because I love my pack, but I can also find comfort in solace as well. You could also compare me to a duck, because I've always been a bit of an awkward duckling that didn't quite make it to the elegant swan phase. But ultimately, I'm like a fish, actually more like Dory in Finding Nemo. No matter what comes my way, "I just keep swimming."

That's right. Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack. [Awesome combo.]

What genre do you prefer to write and why?

I simply adore reading and writing Urban Fantasy. I don't quite know why I capitalized that. Who am I kidding; I know why I did it. I did it because it's that important to me. I think I love it because, it shows me a world that can be all gray and drab, not unlike my own, then it introduces the possibility that magic really can exist and it could be right next door, hiding in plain sight. How extraordinary would that be: to be so very normal and drab one day only to wake up the next to a world of magic. I love the blend of intercity problems and magical mayhem. Dish me up a heaping plate of that please. One of my two favorite authors that do Urban Fantasy well are Jim Butcher with The Dresden Files, and Eion Colfer with his Artemis Fowl series. There are a plethora of others, but if you only have time for two, I suggest you start with those.