*One-on-One

Hi guys, welcome to yet another edition of One-on-One, the segment where we catch up with the previous season's Featured Writers. Last year we had numerous writers including yours truly, but I couldn't catch up with myself now could I 😛. Then again, you guys are more than caught up with my activities 💃🏾.

Anywho, give a warm welcome to two of last season's October Featured Writers Eva and Shaw. MM caught up with these two lovely talents and it went down like this.

**"**

Hey Eva, let's get started.

*Witto150

What's the one thing you love about your cultural heritage?

Well, this is a tricky question... My country is quite small, and the used language is hardly known outside of the Czech Republic, but I think this is a decent place to live in. Our language has many unique words that are hard to find in other languages.

 We have a lot of unique fairy tales and legends, or people crafting amazing items. From the recent days, it's a big ship that traveled to Venice. Our detective TV series Labyrinth was bought by Japan people and sold rights for a remake to German and Netherlands. I think this sounds very fantastic :-D Given we are so small and insignificant ;-)

 ▪ You happen to stumble upon a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million. What would you do?

I would probably get excited then I would turn suspicious - you know, scams are common - but once it would be confirmed it's real, I would go and put it on our bank account. That's would be it. I would still continue to go to my job, buying stuff would wait or wouldn't happen. I have no use for fashion, cars, or state of the art technology. I would rather pay off every bill, keep the rest for worse times and start remodeling our flat or ask for commissions to support small artists and writers ;-).

 ▪ What's the one thing you struggled with when you just started your writing journey and how did you overcome it?

I started writing over 15 years ago, and I don't remember struggling. Yeah, I had a lot of grammar problems, but story-wise it was mostly smooth sailing. I was so into writing since the story played in front of me as a movie. I think this experience allowed me to continue writing :-D