Prince in Disguise: Chapter 5

Cornelius' POV
I woke up early today because I knew it would be my first day of school. I took a shower, wore my clothes, and brushed my teeth. Then, I went to the dining room and I saw my parents eating already. They were talking to each other about me going on my first day of school today. I sat down on my seat and began to eat my food.

"Are you excited to go to school today? It is going to be your first day.", my mom asked.

"Yes mom! I am ready to go to school.", I replied.

"Your dad and I will both take you to school today. You can gather up your things after you eat and meet us outside by the garden.", my mom said.

"Okay mom. I will be going to my room now to gather my things.", I said.

I stood up from my seat and went to my room to place my things inside my new backpack. I also placed my notebook with my schedule. My schedule did not include what I was going to do during the summer break and the page where what I would say to my parents so that no one knows about my plan. I wore my backpack and walked towards the garden outside. My parents were already in the car so I rode the car right away to not keep them waiting.

We arrived at the school and my dad said good luck to me. I thanked him for it and went out of the car. I said goodbye to them before they left me by the sidewalk near the stairs leading to the entrance. While I was walking towards the entrance, the other students were either staring at me or talking about me behind their backs. I ignored them and went inside. I did not want to cause a fuss on my first day.

When I went inside, I went to the principal's office without minding what other people were doing. I knocked on the door before going inside. She was typing something on her laptop then stopped to look up at me. She stood up to lead me to the seat in front of her desk. I sat down and greeted her a good morning.

"Good morning, Cornelius! Today is your first day of school, so I will be introducing you to a student in your class. She will give you a school tour during lunch break and will assist you if ever you need any help. Please wait here as I will call her right now.", Ms. Collins said.

She went out of her office to call the student who will give me a school tour. I waited for the both of them to come. While waiting, I was reading a book that I borrowed from the castle's library. Both of them finally went in after 10 minutes. I kept my book right away in my backpack. The student looked quite shy when she went in.

"Her name is Charlotte Mitchell. She will be the student who will give you a tour around the school during lunch break. If you have any questions, you can ask her. Both of you may go to your first class now.", Ms. Collins said.

Both of us went out of the principal's office and started walking to our classroom. While we were walking, she started to ask me questions.

"What is your name?", Charlotte asked.

"My name is Cornelius Curnow. Nice to meet you, Charlotte.", I replied.

"Wait a minute, aren't you the prince of Scotland? If you are, then it is an honor to meet you.", Charlotte asked.

"Yes I am. But for now, I would like to keep a low profile since I do not want people surrounding me and asking too much questions about my private life.", I replied.

"Oh okay. Then I will take note of that. I will not expose you to the others, then.", Charlotte said.

We reached the classroom after 5 minutes. Charlotte explained the bell attached to the wall. She told me that if the bell has not rung yet, then it is not time for a class to start yet. If you went to the classroom after the bell has rung, then you are late for class. I started to look for a seat and I saw two vacant chairs at the back of the classroom. I sat at the chair near the corner while Charlotte sat beside me. The bell finally rang and the teacher was already prepared to start her class.