Prince in Disguise: Chapter 12

Harper's POV

It was time for lunch once the bell rang twice. I walked out of the classroom and waited for Kiera by the door. After she fixed her things and placed them inside her school bag, she left her home-work papers on the desk. She said goodbye to the teacher and left the classroom. We went to the cafeteria and sat in our usual table. We always had packed lunch so we did not have to buy food unless either one of us is still hungry. Since Kiera slept with us last night, my mom made her packed lunch as well.

"I got so bored in class today. I was on the verge of sleeping at some point.", Kiera said.

"Same here. I wished he would make the discussion livelier though. That would've made the class more interesting even though the lesson is a bit hard to understand", I agreed.

"Wanna hang out with us later? We're going to see a new movie that came out recently. Jared and Leia will be there too.", Kiera asked.

"Oh okay, sure! I'll just message my mom about it to let her know I'm with you guys.", I replied.

I brought out my phone and started texting my mom.

Harper: Hi mom! Just wanted to tell you that I'm hanging out with Kiera and the others later. Is that okay? Do you need any help at home?

2 minutes later

Mom: Hi dear. You can go with them. I can handle the work so far. Just come home by 8 PM. Let's eat dinner together okay? Enjoy your day!

Harper: Okay mom. If you need anything from the mall just text me.

The bell rang and Kiera dragged me out of the lunch room to head to our next class. I kept the phone in my pocket and we ran downstairs to go to the classroom.

— Dismissal time —

Kiera and I walked out and we found Jared and Leia near the parking lot. We waved to them and they saw us going towards them.

"Hi guys! Are you ready to see the movie? We can buy some popcorn before we watch it.", Leia asked.

"Hi Leia! Yeah we're good to go. While waiting to get in let's check out some stores. I need some new clothes.", Kiera said.

"Okay cool! Jared, go start the car and open the back door. We'll just place our bags there. Thanks!", Leia said.

Jared drove us to the mall and some of us got their sling bags. I didn't even think of bringing one because Kiera invited me on the day itself. We went to some shops near the cinemas and Kiera bought a lot of clothes on sale. I bought some sweaters and pants. It will be snowing soon so I made sure to buy some sweaters for mom too. It was almost time to enter the movie-house so we bought some popcorn and drinks. The movie was almost 2 hours long and we finished at around 6:30 PM.

"That movie was really good! I just wished that they didn't rush the ending scenes.", Jared exclaimed.

"That's so true. They should have given more scenes near the ending to prevent that rushed ending. How'd you find it, Harper?", Kiera asked.

"It was fine. Not the best movie adaptation for the book but I enjoyed it in the very least.", I replied.

"Oh Harper, you're such a bookworm. You usually prefer books better than movies right? I mean this isn't the first time you said that you liked the book better than the movie.", Jared groaned.

"Yeah, I say that most of the time. Books make me understand the story more and there aren't any parts missing unlike in movies. They have a limit of 1-2 hours and they have to skip some cool and important parts too. Can't wait to see a movie that can be better than the books I've read." I said.