Prince in Disguise: Chapter 4

Cornelius' POV

A few days after, basically the next day was a school day...

I woke up earlier than when I usually wake up. I decided to get a head start this morning. I took a shower and wore my usual clothes made for a prince. I went to the dining room and found only the servants serving my food in front of my seat.

"Maria, have you seen my parents?", I asked.

"They left a while ago while you were still asleep, Prince Cornelius.", Maria, one of the castle servants, replied.

I ate alone in the room. I brought my notebook with me to breakfast too, just to check out what I have written down for the past few days. While I ate, I planned out my schedule for the next few months, including summer break. I tabulated my schedule in my notebook.

After eating breakfast, I brought my laptop from my room and went to the library. I did not read any books this time. I had to think of a way to go out of the castle without being seen by the castle guards. They might think I am breaking the rules my parents gave to them. Suddenly, I got an idea of going through the underground tunnels located under the castle itself. I searched through my laptop the map of the castle I am living in. I traced the path where I will go to so that I would not get confused with the different passages. Then, I tried to think of a reason to leave the castle so that my parents would not have a problem with me not staying with them during the summer. Maybe I could tell them I am going to take summer classes with my classmates from school, I thought to myself. I wrote the reason in my notebook so that I would not forget what to say to my parents.

I brought my notebook and laptop and went back to my bedroom. I looked through my phone and saw a text message my mom sent to me. She texted me that they will come back later in the evening because they had to run an errand. Basically, I just thought they were busy with royal matters. It was almost time for lunch so I went to the dining room to eat lunch alone.

After lunch, I spent the rest of the afternoon reading the books I have borrowed from the library and fell asleep when I felt really sleepy. I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door.

"Please come in.", I said.

The door opened and I saw my mom holding a piece of paper.

"Cornelius, congratulations! You passed the pre-assessment test that you took last week. I am so proud of you!", my mom said.

"Thanks mom! I never could have done it if I had no tutor to guide me.", I said.

My mom hugged me tightly enough and kissed my forehead. I felt kind of happy when I heard the good news.

"Let's go eat dinner right now with your father. He is waiting in the dining room for the both of us.", my mom said.

We stepped out of my room and ate dinner with my dad at the dining room. After dinner, I freshened up before going to bed. I fell into a deep sleep right away.

Prince in Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें