Prince in Disguise: Chapter 3

Cornelius' POV
We arrived at Liberton High School after a 20 minute drive. I looked at the picture of the high school in my notebook once again and read some of my notes. It looked like a regular high school from the outside but when you go inside, it is much different than what you would expect from an ordinary high school.

 It looked like a regular high school from the outside but when you go inside, it is much different than what you would expect from an ordinary high school

We went to the principal's office to submit my student application form. When we went inside, I saw the principal doing some paperwork on her desk. She saw us after a while and I gave her the application form.

"So, you have decided to come to this high school for this school year. Well, I am very glad to accept you as one of our new students. Welcome to Liberton High School! I am the school's principal, Ms. Collins.", the principal greeted.

"Thank you, Ms. Collins. It is an honor to meet you.", I said.

"It is an honor to meet you, too. In Liberton High School, we teach in different types of methods in each class. There are also some split classes for those who are very advanced in three subjects: Science, Math, and English. A student will give you a school tour once you get started going to school. Classes will start next week. If you have any questions, just ask me or your fellow teachers.", Ms. Collins said.

"Okay, Ms. Collins. I hope I will be enjoying my time here.", I said.

"Cornelius, my assistant will escort you to a classroom where you will be taking a pre-assessment test before you can go to this school by next week. I will be talking to your parents for a moment.", Ms. Collins said.

Her assistant led me towards an empty classroom. I found the pre-assessment test paper on the desk nearest to the blackboard.

"You will have 1 hour to take this 2-paged test. Your time to take this test will start now.", the assistant said.

I started to answer the questions on the first page. All of the questions on the first page were multiple choice type. The first half of the page included Math and Science questions that I have learned since grade school. I quickly finished it and moved on to the second half of the page. It included History questions which I have also learned since grade school. I took a bit longer answering these because they were a bit hard.I flipped on to the second page and read the instructions. I was supposed to write an three to five-paragraph essay about my favorite book. I thought about the book and started writing about it right away. I checked the clock after finishing 3 paragraphs and I only had 30 minutes left. I quickly wrote the last body paragraph and the concluding paragraph and I was able to finish 10 minutes before the time is up. I submitted my paper to the assistant at the front desk.

"Since you are already done with the test, I will take you to where your parents are. They are waiting outside for you.", the assistant said.

When she opened the door, I saw my parents waiting by the door. We thanked the principal and her assistant and finally we rode the car back to the castle.

"How was the test, Cornelius? I hope you found it easy.", my mom asked.

"It was fine mom. I found the second page of the test easy because I had to write an essay about my favorite book.", I replied.

"That's good, son. Your mom and I hope you enjoy your time in that high school.", my dad said.

We arrived at the castle. I went straight to my room and closed the door gently behind me. I freshened up and lied down on the bed, thinking about what has happened today. I was still thinking if I will still be able to fulfill my dream during the summer break. I hope that it is the student's summer break when I go to Edinburgh. My eyes started to droop and eventually fell into a dreamless sleep.