19| Another 2 Teenage Lovebirds

Start from the beginning

I held my hands up in defense. "Hey, I'm not a tool! Remember?"

"Yeah, I remember. I still like to believe you're a dick in every way possible, though."

"Aw, that's sweet. I'm touched."

"Whatever," she grumbled. "I love volleyball, but God sometimes I want to just murder some of them. They can get so annoying, and it drives me insane."

"Sucks," I said. "Do you think you'll make it to state?"

"Dumb question, Locke. You know we're going to state. We go every year," Logan reminded me. "I hope to the dear Lord we can pull it together enough to win."

"Ah, come on. You'll win," I told her. "You always have to."

Logan shrugged. "I'm competitive, what can I say? So are you."

"Oh, I'm aware," I admitted. "I challenge you to a game."

"What kind of game?"

"Both of us have to stand up without holding onto anything," I started, " and whoever falls first loses."

"Pssh, easy," Logan said.

I smirked as we both stood up. "Okay, you face that way and I'll face this way." Logan followed my instructions and we started the game. "It's all about balance."

"Yes, thank you, Mr. Yoga Instructor," Logan said. "This is so dumb. I don't even know why I'm listening to you."

I grinned. "You shouldn't have," I said, and I turned around and shoved her into the water. Seconds later Logan came up for air, glaring at me more than she had been when I dumped that milkshake all over her head.

"Seriously? You fucking dick!" She screamed. "You know this isn't even my dress! And I still have to bring Cayden home! And now I'm drenched!"

I shrugged. "Oops?" I joked, then bursting out into laughter.

"Oh, you think it's actually funny?" Logan said. "Then laugh at this." Before I could react, Logan was shoving at the boat, causing me to fall off the other side, becoming immersed in the cold water. When I came up for air, she was laughing from the other side, still in the water.

"Okay, fine. I accept my fate."

"Yeah, you better. Don't even try to mess with me again, Locke!" She replied.

I just smiled at her, and she was smiling right back at me. For some reason, I couldn't look away. I was actually having fun. And in the presence of Logan Pierce, nonetheless. Who would've thought?

Out of nowhere, I noticed a large light flash on from the direction of the lake house. Oh shit. There was yelling coming from the shore.

"HEY! YOU 2! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Fuck," I muttered. Logan looked at me with wide eyes, suddenly confused about what was happening. "I might have told a little white lie."

"Spit it out, Locke!" Logan yelled.

"This isn't my family's property. And this is definitely not their boat, either," I admitted, sending her an innocent smile, but she definitely wasn't happy. "You can hate me in a few minutes, but for now, SWIM!"

I started swimming to shore, avoiding the area where we entered originally. No way was I getting caught today. I took a short peak behind me, seeing that Logan was right there following my lead. Thankfully, we were almost to shore. But then we would have to make a break for it.