FILE 8: The Intelligent is Challenged Intelligently

Heard a few wanted this chapter, so here you go

I also made a small mistake earlier with the publishing so some of you might've seen the title for the next one :P

3rd POV (Gonna do this for the whole chapter)

Danny checked his watch again, Lenny should be here with Nygma withing a few minutes.

"Remember, Kristofferson, " Danny started to remind, "Don't forget to take notes on this one, we might be seeing him often." Danny deduced, he knew if Nygma was curious enough, he'd book more appointments to find out more. All Danny had to do was reel him in.

The boy nodded from his corner chair, keeping as quiet as he usually was. It was a surprise to Danny that Kris hadn't gotten uncomfortable on the chair after about four or five hours, he was practically inhuman, which he actually believed he was.

Knock! Knock!

Aha! There it was, the sound of Lenny knocking to escort Edward Nygma into his office. Danny straightened himself out and waited to execute his plan.

"Come right in!" Danny said with all the confidence he could muster, trying to seem like a confident man. He wouldn't want the newest patient to think he was cowardly, that just wouldn't do. First impressions were everything. He had his aura become confident yet welcoming.

The door was opened and came through the armored guard and an orange-jumpsuited man with sleek black hair—though it seemed dyed—, glasses, and an overconfident and cocky aura along with a tiny hint of curiosity. There it was, Danny thought, he wants to know something.

Danny changed his personality a bit, it was clear that Nygma valued confidence and intelligence. He just had to embody those two to gain a slight advantage.

"Welcome, you must be my newest patient, Edward Nygma. Can't say a lot of people willingly sign up, other than a few regulars that is." Danny had told to the newcomer, though the last part was quiet and more to himself.

But Edward, being Edward, was keen and had focused on every word he said to study and dissect. To the Master of Riddles, the therapist didn't seem to have an inkling of fear beneath his icy-blue eyes. It was almost strange to Edward, to see a man that didn't cower in fear or tense at the mere sight of him.

But it wasn't impossible, Edward knew.

"Yes, that would be me," he chuckled lightly, "I'd prefer if you'd call me Edward, though. It is my given name." Edward didn't want to start with immediate questioning, he was clever enough that he knew to slowly slide into the little circle of trust that the therapist had.

Little did Edward know, Danny was doing it as well. Except he was three steps ahead of the game and had many advantages on his field. From the moment Edward walked into the room, Danny had already begun winning the game, feeling each move made by his challenger.

After Danny had shoo-ed away the guard, as he'd normally do, he was finally alone with the opposing male, who had sat down at the chair before him

Both had smirks that seemed to rival against each other. They were both executing a game that they both knew how to play very well, whether it be from experience or being taught by from someone.

Edward had noticed the childish appeal of the office almost immediately. The multitude of desk toys, the mounted NERF guns, and the slight gleam of childish curiosity that seemed o resonate within the doctor before him. The one thing that stood out was the empty display shelf at the corner of the room that seemed completely unaffected by the rest of the room's quality.