This was probably the last assignment we had to submit and I was finally done with it.

Since today was the weekend and me being the boring person that I am, I had no exciting plans; according to Fizzy.

I planned on reading a new book which I purchased from the mall last week or I'd either watch a movie on my laptop.

As I was lost in my thoughts, there was a knock on my door.

I spun around on my chair and looked at the door, "Come in".

The door swung open and revealed my mother.

"Hey mom", I said as I stood up and sat on my bed, patting a spot for her to sit.

"Hey little one", she said as she sat down next to me.

I chuckled at my nickname, little one.

"Well, do you have any plans for tonight?", she asked and I shook my head.

"That's good, you do remember about our dinner tonight, don't you?", she asked and I blinked my eyes.

What dinner?

"Oh yes. The three of us were going out for diner tonight", I said nervously and she laughed.

"You forgot", she laughed and I joined in too, to save my awkward self.

"Don't stress so much about college, baby", she said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"We're going for dinner tonight with your dad's friend and his family", she said as she attempted for me to remember.

"Oh right, he mentioned last night", I said and she nodded.

"Is it necessary for me to come along? Can't I just stay at home and read a book? Or watch a movie instead?", I whined, making her chuckle.

"Mr Langford invited us saying that it will be a family dinner. It would be bad manners if only your dad and I went. Do you understand?", she said and I nodded.

"Alright", I mumbled.

"Be ready at 7", she said before getting up and walking out of my room.

I looked at the wall clock.

4:46 P.M.

I decided to watch a movie before I got ready for dinner tonight.

.

.

I looked at my reflection in my full length mirror and smiled to myself.

I was dressed in a beige dress which reached barely above my knees and paired it with black block heel sandals.

My natural brown hair was left down in its natural straight length as it reached slightly above my waist.

I wasn't a fan of make up, so I applied just mascara.

I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs to see that my parents were already ready and were seated on the couch in the living room talking to each other.

They looked at me as I walked downstairs and smiled at me.

"Our little one's finally ready", my mom said as she stood up from the couch and walked towards me.

She was dressed in a lovely red dress which came down below her knees and enhanced her tall and lean figure.

My dad was dressed in a blue blazer coat and black pants which accentuated his long muscular legs.

He's always dressed in blazers. I don't even remember the last time that I've seen him without a blazer.

"Let's go?", my dad asked leading us towards the main door.

My mom nodded and I followed as Karl; out butler, shut the main door behind us.

Dad unlocked his Mercedes as we got in and drove off towards Le Méridien.

_

A/N:

So here's chapter 2.
Things are about to get interesting in the next one!

Also, I'll be updating every Wednesday and Saturday.

Lots Of Love
-Carita D'Costa❤️