Of Love and Lanterns

"Why Nora? Why did you leave?"  He asked. "Why did you disappear with no goodbye or see you later, or even a note explaining everything or even a phone call from you once you got to where you left to?"

I didn't answer right away. I didn't know how to explain this to him, and having his new friends around made it all the harder. I knew I had to think carefully about my answer, so I wouldn't give too much away. Just like some things were better left unsaid, there were also those things that could only be said at the right moment, so as not to ruin everything. I had to choose my words carefully and be sure to not get angry like he was trying to make me. I hate to admit it, but he still knew me better than I knew myself.  And that meant that he knew that if he angered me enough, everything I was hiding would come spilling out. And that...that couldn't happen. Because if it did...If that did happen...well...He would regret his actions more than anything else he had ever done or could ever do, and it would also likely end our friendship...or what was left of it anyway. And that was the one thing I just couldn't let happen.

Right before her 6th birthday, Nora was forced to move.

When she was 12 she got her first phone.

When she was 16, she moved back.

But through it all, the hardest part, was definitely losing her best friend. So when she gets the chance to get him back, of course she tried. But repairing their broken friendship is proving much harder than she thought it would be.

Please do not translate without my permission, and DO NOT plagiarize. It's rude and deceitful and will get you no where. If you see someone plagiarizing off my story, please tell me, so I can deal with it. On similar terms, all ideas used in my story come from my head, though I have read a lot of books on here. I do my best not to plagiarize myself, but and if my ideas are similar or the same as something you've read elsewhere let me know. Thank you!

Also, if you want to make me a cover, feel free to do so...I'd love a better one.

-Kat-

Related Books:

The Letter Writers Series:

Letter Writers Series: Book 1 of 4: Letters to Luke {completed}

Letter Writers Series: Book 2 of 4: To: Ashton {in progress}