- 8 - N o r a - The Awkward Dinner

Chapter 8 - N o r a -

“I’m home!” I said as I walked through the door. It’s 5:30 exactly, and my mom came running around the corner when she heard my voice.

“Oh good, you’re here! I picked out a dress for you, it’s on your bed, take a shower and call me if you want help with your hair or makeup. Go, go, go! We only have an hour Nora! Why didn’t you come home as soon as school ended?”

“Um, because I was told to stay out of the house until five everyday this week? And why a dress? I don’t want to wear a dress! It’s just the Irwin’s!”

“Oh. Right. Well, get in the shower! And don’t complain about the dress, this impression is as important as a first impression. We haven’t seen them in years!”

“And whose fault is that?” I muttered as I walked upstairs.

She either didn’t hear me, or chose to ignore me, and thank god for that, because I don’t need to fight with her right now. I entered my room to plug in my phone, collect the dress and some undergarments, then went into my bathroom. I pulled out a towel and put the dress, my underwear, and the towel on the toilet, turned the water on, took my school uniform off, and got in.

I used the short time I had in the shower to think about Drama today. Let’s see. . I was paired with Ashton to do a scene, I suggested something from Antony & Cleopatra where he would be Caesar and I would be Cleopatra, and he refused. I guess I understand why. Caesar is kind of evil in that play. but I want, not revenge, per say, but for him to understand.

It wasn’t just ten years of no contact for him, it was ten years for me too. I tried to be able to call him, or write a letter, or, but every time I asked, mum would just go deaf, or find a reason not to answer me, or say it was a bad time to call. She even said that Anne Marie had changed her number, but I had a hard time believing that. I got the hint and stopped trying to contact him after that, but I never stopped thinking about him. If he would just let me explain that, maybe, just maybe, we could be friends again.

I guess that’s why when I found the scene from the Winter’s Tale, I thought it would be perfect. It really did match up with us- except that we aren’t married. And I’m not pregnant. But it’s close enough. The point is that Ashton is acting a lot like Leontes, not letting me explain and not believing me, but maybe doing this scene together will help.

Hopefully.

I finished my shower, dried off, got dressed and dried my hair. I poked my head out the bathroom door to check that mum wasn’t around, and I found my dad walking down the hallway.

“Dad! Thank god! Will you braid my hair?”

“Sure princess. Are you ready for me to do it now?”

“Yep. I just dried it. Thank you!”

“No problem.”

I know it’s weird, but my dad is actually a better braider then my mom. Maybe it’s because he grew up with three sisters, but when it comes to having my hair braided, I go to my dad. But this way, mum won’t get offended. I can just say he was there and I asked him to save time.

Which really isn’t a complete lie.

Just not the whole truth.

Right?

Right.

“Are you ready now?” My father asked when he finished.

“I just have to put on some shoes and a jacket. Oh, and get my phone.” I murmured. I picked out a pair of boots and put them on. Then I stood and looked at myself in the mirror on the back of my door. My dad came up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders and his head on top of my head.We looked at ourselves for a few minutes.

Of Love and Lanterns || 5SOSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें