chapter 1

Just as Mackenzie Lynn Keller drove past the "Welcome to Charming" sign her 1984 chevy k30 crew cab broke down. she pulled out her phone and looked up the nearest tow company. the first one to pop up was Teller-Morrow automotive, she hoped it wouldnt take long.

mackenzie's POV

"teller-morrow automotive" a man answered the phone, I thought he sounded familiar but i didnt know anyone that lived in California.
"hello my truck broke down just coming into charming Can I get a tow, please?"
"yes ma'am what kind of truck is it so I can tell them what to look for?" he asked, I still felt like I knew his voice but couldnt think of why.
"a 1984 Chevy k30 crew cab all black." I answered
"woah darlin that sounds like a beautiful truck. itll be just a few minutes." he sounded shocked, which kind of annoyed me. I hated when people acted like I shouldnt have a truck like I do.

"thank you so much." I hung up.

I hurried and put everything I had pulled out of my bag and put it back in, I didnt want to be caught off gaurd once they got here. I put everything except my overnight bag under the back seat and zipped up my seat cover I didnt want to chance them seeing what all was in my truck. I made sure I had what I needed in my pockets then popped the hood, I climbed out leaving the keys in the ignition and climbed up trying to see what was wrong with my baby. After a few minutes I heard a truck slow down and pull in front of me. Once they parked I looked over my shoulder to make sure it was the tow truck driver. I hopped down and wiped my hands off on the rag I had. The taller one had a beard with long hair and a beanie on. The shorter of the two had blonde hair and the bluest eyes. I could see both of their muscles through their work shirts and good god were the nice, they both were very handsome. my thoughts were interrupted by the taller one talking.

"that is one amazing looking truck you got there!!" he exclaimed as they both eyed my baby.
"thank you shes my baby." I said as I patted her grill.
"I'm Jax and this is Opie." the blonde said looking me up and down with a flirty smile.
"I'm Mackenzie Keller, nice to meet yall." I said with a southern accent and a flirty smile, then I closed the hood and went to grab the keys out the ignition. I handed them to Opie.

I sat in the middle on the way back to their shop.
"what bring you to charming mackenzie?" jax asked me
"I'm just passing through I'm trying to get to san diego for couple weeks." I said as I pushed my hair back behind my ear.
"you all by yourself?" opie asked seeming concerned.
"yeah isnt that the best way? no one to tell you where to go, just you and the open road." I answered with a smile.
"hell yeah it is." the both answered at the same time.
we all three chuckled.

As we pulled onto the lot I noticed a row of motorcycles, boy did they all look nice. Opie backed my truck into spot and got out to unload it. I climbed out after jax. He told me he was going to turn the keys and my paperwork in and to get anything out of my truck that i may need. I walked over and pulled my bag out of the passenger side seat. As I was shutting the door I heard someone running towards me

"HOLY SHIT MACK?" that same familiar voice from the phone called out. finally figuring out who it was I was shocked and turned around slowly.