2• Bold Beginnings

They sat in serenity for a while, before Luke piped up "Uh, when will this start?"

"Now, I think is a good time. We can go to the store in a minute to get some supplies and treats, yeah?" Calum smiled. Luke smiled nervously. Ash placed a hand on his lower back, guiding him inside "Shall we go get changed?"

Luke changed into jeans for the first time in months, by Ash's guidance, as well as picking out a t-shirt for him to wear. It was nice to know someone genuinely cared for him.
Once Luke was dressed, Ash took him by the hand and led him down the stairs to Michael and Calum. Ashton carried on holding his hand until they reached the car. Luke instinctively reached for the front passenger door handle, but was stopped by Calum "nuh uh, you're in the back Lukey, you get to sit next to Mikey though"
Calum pushed the man up into the backseat, reaching over to buckle him in.
Soon enough, Mikey hopped in next to him, buckling himself up, as Ash began to drive. Every now and then, Ash would look in the rest view mirror to check on Luke "we're so proud of you, Lukey. This is a big thing for you. If keep you it up, we'll get some treats, okay?"
Luke adored the praise, it made him feel appreciated, he smiled, nodding back at Ash.
Soon enough, Ash parked up in the parking lot. Luke unbuckled himself, attempting to open the door "child-lock is on" Calum said whilst opening the door from the outside, also allowing Mikey to scoot out too.
Ash had already grabbed one of Luke's hands, walking towards the entrance of the store, grabbing a cart on the way through.
"Right, just don't wonder off, keep a hold on the cart, please" Ash asked, despite only being a couple years older.
Their first destination was the baby isle. It was safe to say that Luke was slightly embarrassed. Mikey rubbed his back slowly, to calm him. "Dummies, bottles & sippy cups, nappies..." Ash analysed.
Luke almost choked at the word 'nappy'
"Ashy, do I have to wear them?" He anxiously queried, holding onto Michael.
"I think it would help. Maybe we could start with pull-ups though, does that sound better?" Ash reasoned, understanding the man's hesitation. Luke nodded, Michael guided him over to the pull-up section, Ash & Cal we're close behind "make sure you get something that will hold up." Calum reminded them.
In the end, Ashton ended up picking a pack, however, Luke had more freedom to choose a pack of dummies as well as some bottles.
Luke picked a pack with guitars on, of course. Ash chucked a plain bottle into the cart, but Luke picked out a space-themed sippy cup.
"Nice choice" Mikey encouraged him.
The golden-haired man didn't say much throughout the trip, as he held onto Michael with a rosy hue on his cheeks.
"We'll go grab a few other things, you two go and get some treats, okay?" Calum dismissed Luke & Michael. Michael guided them into the candy isle, loosening his grip on Luke "pick some"
Luke grabbed a few bags of Candy, Michael pulled him down into the toy isle
"How about you get a few toys? Huh?" Michael understood that it's quite awkward at first, but once he's in a headspace, he would be begging for toys. Michael grabbed a box of Lego Duplo as well as some cars, however, Luke grabbed some blocks. "Good boy" the coloured-haired man praised, causing Luke to shift a bit. Soon enough, the two other men emerged from round the corner, Calum reached onto a shelf, pulling down a stuffed bear "this will be nice" he tossed it into the cart. Ash peered into the cart, looking at what toys and treats Luke had picked out, a smile grew on his face "look at all these fun things!" Ash's enthusiasm was far from fake.
Luke smiled slightly, looking down at his feet. "He's been really well-behaved" Michael chimed in, grasping the younger-man's hand. Both Ash and Cal smiled "Well Done Lukey. We grabbed some other stuff, but that's for later. How about we get home and get changed, eh?" Cal suggested, pushing the cart towards the checkout. Michael & Luke made their way back to the car, whilst the other two paid, they all could feel Luke's anxiousness.
Michael opened the car door, ushering Luke into his seat and buckling him in, despite his quiet protest, which was quickly shh'd by Michael, who hopped in soon after.
"You have been so good, Luke. I know it's difficult, but we all know you're really trying" he reminded the quiet man. Luke fumbled with his belt as he didn't respond. However, the silence was cut, by the return of Ash & Calum.
"Let's get homeeeeee" Ash sung as he turned the ignition on.