Chapter 4 : Warning

When Ezreal disappeared from my sight, I heaved a heavy sigh before turning to the door.

I slowly opened the doorknob, careful not to scare my roommate from my sudden outburst. I peaked my head behind the door and scanned the whole room before entering. I pulled all my stuffs inside without making loud noises when suddenly-

"What do you think you're doing?" A voice interrupted, giving me a mini heart attack.

"I-I'm sorry to barge in, b-but I'm your new roommate. My name's Carlisle, and you?" I introduced and made my way to hers, offering my hand afterwards.

"Anovi Gunther." She replied with a smile and took my hand.

Anovi has curly hair and pale white skin. Her eyes were blazing blue, and it was covered by her big round glasses. Anovi is a little cute, I may add.

"So what got you to transfer school?" She asked as she helped me move my things and set it aside at the corner.

"Well, my brother said I need to discover something new and go out from my comfort zone, and so I did. But I honestly don't want to go far ahead from my pack home, Crystal Twilight," I answered. Anovi's eyes widened at my last statement.

"Wait, you're from Crystal Twilight?" I then nodded my head as a response.

"You're Carlisle Astrid Deveraux?!" She jolted and held my shoulders.

"Uh, yeah? Didn't I introduced myself already?" I laughed awkwardly.

"No way!" She gasped and face-palmed like she couldn't believe what I just said.

"You're that omega who doesn't cower to alphas? I mean, how could you do that? I can't even help myself to not cower to any alphas along the way." Anovi pulled me and let me sit on a chair.

"I don't even know how I do it either."

"Have you met your mate?" She suddenly asked in a whisper. "Yes, just this day. He was the one who delivered me here since I got lost."

"And he is?"

"Ezreal Knightley."

The energy in Anovi's face suddenly drained, like hearing my mate's name feels like death.

"Oh, honey. You've got to be kidding me," she said in pure disbelief as she shook her head.

"What? Is there something wrong with my mate? He sounds nice to me." I tried to smile.

"Ezreal Knightley is from Blood Frost pack, and alphas from that pack are horribly feared. Blood Frost is dangerous. I heard they've done heavy punishments to rogues who'd gone through their territory. And when it comes to their mates, they were like slaves to them instead of a life-time partner," Anovi stated. "And unfortunately for you, dear Carlisle, Ezreal Xerxes Knightley is from Blood Frost pack," Anovi continues.

"Oh, my. Where did you even get those information?" I questioned.

"I'm fond of learning, that's why I also studied different packs and their history," Anovi replied, sending a wink afterwards.

"Oh. So what's your pack name?" I asked her.

"Moonlight Shadow pack. I'm also here with the twins from my pack. Both are in the next room just after ours," she replied

"I would gladly love to meet them. I haven't seen twins in years," I giggled. "Oh, by the way, have you met your mate?" I asked.

"I haven't. I wonder how it would be when I meet him. I'm already 19 but I haven't gotten the chance to know a single thing about him." She had her head hung low and I could feel how sad she is.