"Sloppy," he tutted, as if his nose wasn't currently out of line and his eyes weren't watering because of it. "I thought you wanted to win."

"How's that vision working out for ya'?" I teased gruffly, rolling my shoulders as I tried to ease some of my anger. I couldn't let my frustration rule me, I had to focus.

Jack's tearful eyes narrowed, "Seems like you're just stalling the ass beating you're about to get." He darted towards me, his fist landing square against my jaw but I did nothing but shake it off as I ducked under him and tackled him to the ground. We grappled for the next five minutes, my elbow digging deep into his diaphragm, the palm of my hand clashing against his jaw, until his teeth were on my throat once again.

"I hate it when you hit my chest," I growled, shoving Jack off me with a huff as I rubbed at my sore boob. I wasn't a good loser. Damn idiot always left me with too many bruises. "Good job I always wear black now as well with all this blood."

Jack didn't look much better than I did, there was a definite swelling to his face that wasn't going to heal for the next hour and there was blood trickling down his neck from where my fist had hit his cheek and split the skin.

"When can we discuss Colorado," I panted, wiping the sweat from my brow. Jack said nothing as he reached for his water bottle with a frown. This wasn't the first time I had brought up the enforcer pack to him, but so far, I had yet to receive a concrete response. I was sick of waiting for his decision.

"The semi-annual Alpha meeting is in two days," Jack ignored me, meeting my eye as he threw my bottle towards me. I caught it with ease, gulping back the water instantly.

"I'm aware." My glare was not subtle. Jack rubbed the back of his neck as his gaze darted away for a moment.

"I was hoping you'd accept the position of acting Alpha Female this time." My stomach dropped and my glare slipped, and I was left staring at Jack, mouth somewhat agape. He only seemed more uncomfortable with my reaction.

"Are you sure?" My response was no more than a whisper. That was a big position to fill, not just literally, but because I was abundantly aware of who I was replacing.

"It's been three years since Amy. I'd rather not have to sit through those meetings alone. Besides you already do the paperwork and the preparations with me, and Beta Maria said you were helping her prepare the accommodations for the travelling Alphas and Betas."

"You're not alone if Maria and Kyle are with you at the meetings." I was being pedantic but the thought of filling Amy's shoes, if only temporarily, was terrifying. It felt so wrong.

He shot me an unamused look.

"You know what I mean."

"I do, but I think the idea of me being acting Alpha Female is laughable. I don't have a wolf, how am I equipped to fill that spot, you won't even let me train with anyone but you, and now you're asking me to sit amongst the Alphas and Betas as if I'm one of them?"

"It's only for three days," Jack scoffed. "You know most of the Alpha's, they respect you. You're wolf enough to travel to other packs to help me with my workload, so you're wolf enough to sit in on the big meetings." He sighed when he caught my dubious expression. "Look, I'm gonna' bring up your transferal to Colorado at the meeting."

"Don't you need to send off a formal request first?"

"Nah, Harris is used to taking requests last minute, that rule only applies to the regular packs."

"Ooh, Harris," I teased, watching as a grin slowly formed, no matter how hard Jack tried to hide it. "Aren't you informal. Lucky no one else is around to hear you talk like that."