Here Comes the Sun (do do do do)

Start from the beginning

"I've made so many mistakes, gotten so many people I love killed. I just don't know how I keep moving on." Clementine explained. "I'm just tired."

Louis looked down at the hunched over girl wrapped up in a thin blanket, totally confused at how she could think so low of herself. In his mind, she was perfect, a mix between serious and fun, strong-minded and forgiving, confident and humble. All that and being out-of-this-world gorgeous? He was lucky to even be in her presence, much less be her boyfriend.

He wrapped an arm around the front of her torso, bringing her close to his chest, and placing his spare hand on her back. His lips were pressed between her ear and jaw, making her shiver slightly.

"You aren't broken, Clem. Or a bad person or evil or-or undeserving of love." Louis told her gently into her curls. "I love you. And I cannot imagine how my life—how any of our lives—would be without you in it."

All she does in response is nod her head before lifting up her chin and nuzzling into his neck, peppering small kisses along it.

If Louis didn't know he was in love with that girl already, then the feeling of her heartbeats next to his would've definitely convinced him. And Louis knew that nobody he loved, especially Clementine, should feel worthless.

He still felt that the next morning, when something Clem had told him weeks ago came back to his mind, sparking an idea to make her feel better. She told him that when she was little, her father would always play Here Comes the Sun on the ukulele when she was sad. Sometimes, even if she wasn't upset, she'd still request him to play it, and of course he did. Louis couldn't resist the plan to mimic her father's actions.

After some rummaging around stacks of books and inside drawers, he finally found the ukulele, not even the length of his arm.Of course, it wasn't the prettiest ukulele out there. It was severely out of tune, but he was surprised the nylon strings had stayed in-tact through all those years. The wood was scratched and peeling, revealing the base underneath, but as long as it played, that was good enough.

Quickly, the boy got to work plucking and tuning, plucking and tuning, until it seemed correct based off of his meek memories of what the little guitar was supposed to sound like. Soon after, he started strumming, attempting to match his vocals to the chords. It was hard enough to play by ear, but to play by just remembering the song was a whole different experience.

Finally, after probably over an hour of just figuring out the notes and repeating them, Louis thought he was ready to perform for Clem, and probably AJ, too. He swiftly stood up and started heading down towards their room, listing through the lyrics in his head. Once he reached the door, he took a deep breath and knocked.

It swung open, revealing the little boy, who looked happier than he had the past few days combined.

"Louis!" He beamed. "Sorry, I forgot to come find you."

"That's alright. I had some important business to take care of." Louis hinted, turning the ukulele in his palm for the boy to see.

Fascination twisted in his face. "What's that?"

"Well, how 'bout I show you?" He answered, not waiting for a reply before walking into the room, seeing his favorite girl sitting on the bed, surrounded by paper.

She was already staring at him, sporting a smile which didn't quite seem wide enough. "Hey, I wondered where you went this morning."

He strutted over to the bed, sitting down on it so far his back was touching the wall. He explained, "I was planning a surprise. For you."

Clem's dark eyebrows furrowed together at his words while her eyes darted from his face to the familiar instrument in his lap. "What is it?"

AJ joined them, sitting down at the open space next to Clementine, still confused as ever.

Louis smirked and prepared his fingers on the fretboard, getting ready to pluck the first melody..

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's alright

As he grew more comfortable in what he was doing, he glanced up at her to observe her reaction. Recognizing the song, she grinned.

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Louis briefly winked at her after this verse, realizing the coincidence of this song also referring to her as "darling." He noticed her light blushing.

Strumming along the now simple chords, he neared the end of the song.

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

It's all right

He belted out the last chorus, especially exaggerating the last line, needing Clementine to know that everything was going to be okay.

As soon as his finger pad left the strings and the noise faded out, he glanced up to meet her eyes. They appeared to be more golden than ever, until he realized it was because she was close to crying.

Clementine didn't waste anymore time, pushing the instrument out of the way to tightly embrace the boy she loved. His hands quickly met her spine, his fingers tracing up and down. He closed his eyes, breathing deeply, his nerves finally cooling.

She pulled back, wiping away at her tear-ridden eye bags. Her hand moved up to his jaw with her thumb locked under his chin. "That was beautiful, Lou. Thank you."

She smiled as she leant forward and shyly kissed his lips. If AJ wasn't right next to them, she would have been a lot more passionate with it. She felt him grin wider against her mouth.

"Anything for you, darling," he whispered once she pulled away, faces still only inches apart.

Suddenly, yellow rays shined in between the thick planks of wood nailed to the window. The family of three all looked over, more than happy to be met with the sun for the first time in what had felt like a century. The beams gathered on the hardwood floor and heated up the room, as if burning away every pain from the past.

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes.