Heaven's Game

We were running up one of the staircases outside of the Tower to reach Natsu before he did anything stupid.

“Something is interfering with my communication with Wally and Millianna, I can’t even tell where they are.” Simon said frustrated.

“What do you mean?” Lucy asked.

“He’s talking about telepathic communication.” Juvia said.

“Juvia, are you certain we can trust this guy? I mean I understand he wasn’t out to kill us back at the resort but still…” Gray asked.

“I won’t make excuses for my actions.” Simon said.

“I didn’t think you could hear me.”

“Any wizard who is incapable of surviving it would never have a chance of beating Jellal. I never doubted Natsu could handle the attack, I was confident he would survive. Everyone but Nashi can’t comprehend the full extent of Natsu’s ability. Once he awakens his true dragons power within evil will fall in his wake.”

“He’s right.” I said.

“You mean you can sense his true power?” Erza asked.

“Yes, ever since we were younger. I would always feel a power inside him I never understood. It was strong but others couldn’t feel it, not even Igneel. I would feel the power grow to the point where he was ready to harness it but it wouldn’t be enough. But I think this time he will be able to grasp it and unleash his true self.” I said.

“If a Dragon Slayer unleashes there true self that means…” Lucy said as she trailed off.

“He’ll unleash Dragon Force, the true self of a Dragon Slayer.” We finally reached the point where it leads into the tower.

“I welcome you to the Tower of Heaven. My name is Jellal and I am the ruler of this tower. I see the players have been arranged.”

“What? The players have been arranged?” I asked.

“So he knows were here. He could be lurking anywhere in the tower waiting for us.” Simon said.

“I’m delighted you’ve come all this way to see me. Shall we play a round of Heavens Game? The rules are simple, I wish to use Erza as a sacrifice in my ceremony to resurrect Lord Zeref.”

“No I won’t let you!” Sho shouted.

“If I succeed the gates of heaven will open crowning my victory, however if you can beat me you will be the winners of the game. To make things a little more interesting I’ve enlisted three knights to battle on my behalf.”

“Three knights? Who could they be?” Simon asked.

“The only way you’ll be able to get to me is if you defeat them, in other words a three on ten battle royale and there's one more surprise the Magic Council has a satellite square focused directly on this tower and it’s likely they will attack. At this very moment they are voting whether they should fire an Etherion blast. There's no telling how much time is left, should the Etherion strike, complete inundation. No one is left to win, game over.”

“What kind of game is this?” Lucy asked.

“But that doesn’t make any sense. Why would the Magic Council resort to such drastic measures?” Erza asked as there was a flash of a light and Erza was stuck inside one of Sho’s cards.

“Erza!”

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Simon asked.

“Now then, let the game begin.”