After School

I went to my dad's house after school. I walked into the kitchen, to find a shoe box. There was a note taped on top.

   Sabrina,
Your art teacher, Miss Sanders, called and told me about what a fantastic painter you are, and I know you got the job at the library so you could get money for art supplies. So this is a little gift from me to you. -Axel

   I open the shoe box, and see that there is one paint bottle for each color of the rainbow, one white and one black. Next to the bottles is a set of paintbrushes tied together with a rubber band. I have two hours before my shift starts, so I decide to paint.
   I start by painting an elephant on my wall. I finish after an hour and a half, then I leave it to dry, and clean off my brushes. Then I put everything into a drawer in my wardrobe.
   I grab my backpack and begin the walk to the library in town square. While in town square, I see a bunch of kids from school walking around and talking to each other. Most of them just hanging out, some of them shopping.
   I feel several pairs of eyes on me as I walk, but I keep my head down and walk into the old library. I see Leah, the shop owner lady who I helped yesterday, sitting behind the counter reading.
   I see a cart of books, so I put stickers on them so they can be checked out. Then, I put them away in their new spots. I chat with Leah for a while, and she goes back to reading the Pride and Prejudice I helped her get down.
   After a while of me sketching people and animals in my sketchbook, the bell on top of the door rings. I don't look up, assuming it's just some adult looking for a quiet place to read. We don't get a lot of customers.
   But the person stops in front of the counter, so I look up to see the most popular boy in school. My friends call him the 'alpha' of the school. Which is obnoxious, if you ask me.
   His name is Ryder Harrison. Tall, tan skin, dark brown hair, dark blue eyes. I raise my eyebrow, as he tries to seduce me by flirting. He asks if I'm the new girl in town, even though he knows the answer. He says a few pickup lines, and I roll my eyes.
   "Look, the children's books are on your right, the young adult fiction novels are on your left, and the adult section is towards the door. We just got twenty new teen fiction books. Maybe you'll enjoy them. Have a nice day, Mr. Harrison." I say nonchalantly in a bored tone.
   He sighs and walks back out the door. I continue to draw in my book.
   When I get back to the house, my dad still isn't there, since he's on some short business meeting or something on the next town over. I go up to my room and paint a fox next to the elephant on my wall, before showering and going to bed.

   If y'all think this is going to be a romance story between Ryder and Sabrina, go away. But keep reading. Also, this chapter was 564 words!