He was different from any other person I had ever met. I shifted uncomfortably and looked down at the floor. Soon he wheeled over but stopped. His eyes were wide.

"Who are you?" He asked. I look just about anywhere but him, scuffing my shoes across the stage.

"I'm Dani. I heard you sing out there... you were amazing." I say softly. He chuckles.

"Thanks... why are you here?" He asks. I look around paranoid someone will hear but his goth friend was keeping her distance. I don't know why I felt like I could trust him. Like he would understand.

"I've... always loved music. I sing all time and my voice might not be the best but it's what I love and I thought... what's the harm in trying... right?" I finish a nervous mess. He wheels over in front of me.

"I'm sure you'll be great." He says softly but it was like he took over the entire room. I could never do that. He starts to wheel away when I spin on my heel.

"Please! Don't tell anyone." I shout out to him. He partially turns around to look back at me from over his shoulder.

"No worries. I won't." He says simply and makes his way to his friend. I walk on stage and I become confused. Usually my anxiety would be eating me up at this point. I just told a random stranger about my darkest secret and for some reason I trusted him to keep it. I couldn't explain it. I couldn't really explain anything right now but it wasn't my biggest worry at the moment.

"Hello. I'm Danielle Morgan and I'll be singing yellow by Coldplay." I announce. Mr. Shue nods and the band starts playing.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah they were all yellow
I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called "Yellow"

My hands were shaking and I was sweating up a storm, wiping my hands along my skirt every few seconds. I was so happy I had a high pony in right now. I forced my voice to stay strong.

Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
You know, you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I drew out the last note as the band kept playing. I kept my eyes on the auditorium chairs so I wouldn't have to see Mr. Shue's disappointed face.

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cause you were all yellow
I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

I was counting down the bars just waiting for this to be over. If I wanted to get in I could not screw this up. My hands were shaking so bad I had to hide them behind my back. I closed my eyes to sing the last part of the song.

It's true
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do

I finish softly, letting out a shaky breath. I kept my gaze on the stage, waiting for Mr. Shue to say anything.

"That was... very nice Danielle." Mr. Shue complimented and I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding. I smile up at him and quickly rush off the stage and into Cheerios practice. Coach was gonna have my ass...

[What I didn't know for years to come what the notes Mr. Shue had written on that very day said. They listed: strong voice, nerves ruin stage presence (help her get out of shell), enchanting, and possible flight risk.]