Dream on

We're all gathered in the choir room when Mr. Shue and another man that looks oddly familiar walks in.

"Okay, guys, listen up. This is Mr. Ryan. He's a member of the school board and would like to say a few words." Mr. Shue walks away, not looking too happy. My eyes narrow at the man. I've seen him before but i don't know from where.

"I-I just want you guys to listen critically and know that what he's saying is just one of many opinions." Mr. Shue adds quickly.

"Take our a piece of paper and on that paper, I want you to write down your biggest dream. A dream that means so much, you're afraid of to admit it even to yourself." Mr. Ryan instructs.

"Happiness." I mumble, laughing to myself. I quickly right down 'Actress/ influencer'

Mr. Ryan crumpled up Arties dream and throws it in the trash can.

"Your dream is never going to happen. Ninety-one percent of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen county, Ohio. So unless you write down that your dream was to 'work for a mid-market health insurance provider' or 'find an entry level job in an elderly care facility' you're going to be very disappointed."

'Maybe I recognize him as a bitter middle aged man' I thought to myself.

"This is really depressing." Mercedes says quietly.

"I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve showbiz. Well, let me tell you. Showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all." Mr. Ryan says.

"But... that's what I want to do with my life." Tina says helplessly. Mr. Ryan mocks sympathy. Believe me I would know.

"Oh, look. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just trying to spare you disappointment." Mr. Ryan says in you guessed it, mock sympathy.

"I think we get your point." Mr. Shue finally says.

"Aw, well, Schuester here's a prime example. He use to have that glimmer of hope in his eyes that I can see right now in all of yours. But he couldn't make it happen for himself, so he now has to try and convince you all that it will happen for you. Guess what? His dreams didn't work out and neither will yours." Mr. Ryan finishes his rant. I have doubts sure, but I know my talents and I know what I'm capable of. It seems he shook everyone up. Especially Tina as she starts sobbing.

"Okay, you're done here." Mr. Shue firmly states.

"You would be wise to show me some respect." Mr. Ryan's fires back.

"You've said your piece. Now get out." Mr. Shue is slowly loosing his cool.

"Well, Schuester, I should thank you. You've made my decision about which program to cut a lot easier." Mr. Ryan says pushing past Mr. Shue.

Walking down the hall I'm once again dragged into an abandoned closet. My wide eyes instantly narrow on a smiling Jesse.

"Jesse!" I squeal, jumping in his arms. He laughs and spins me around in the confined area. He kisses me as he lets me down.

"I can't believe your back already!" I breath out, slightly out of breath. He nods.

"Not only did I miss you; so much. But I needed to continue on with Shelby's plan." He explains. Hearing about the plan after all this time suddenly dampers my mood. Jesse, obviously noticing tilts my head up to look at him.

"I know this is hard and I miss being so public with you, I think this is going to end soon but I'm not sure. You might only have to deal with it for a little while longer." He kisses me again.