[ Tension ]

Zim's P.O.V :

As I kept heading towards my beautiful most importantly genius base I made sure none of these cursed liquid substances hit on my skin, but it didn't stop me from walking to my so called home in this spiteful world filled with these humans.

I kicked anything that was in my way, rocks, sticks, these thingy white objects they put in their mouths and inhale it for some stupid reason. As I much wanted to get home I really couldn't bare hiding my antennae under this wig, but it actually made my disguise even more believable wouldn't you say.

I hummed to myself as I approached towards my house, walking by past the genomes as I stood infront of the door. I lifted up my hand to bang on the door to call Gir to open up.

Dib's P.O.V :

'Wow, he really didn't see me. Or did he ?' I took notes as I watched Zim knock on the door behind the bushes, I tried my hardest not to make any sounds at all to draw attention to me because I don't want to blow my cover.

He must be planning something, I could easily tell something was bothering him of the way he acted at school.

I adjusted my glasses as I kept observing him carefully, pondering when I should reveal myself and throw myself out of my spot to call him out.

"Dib, you can come out and talk to Zim in a casual way you know."

My eyes widened in disbelief, how did he spot me ?! I was in a perfect hiding spot, he couldn't just notice me sitting inside the bushes like that !

Third P.O.V :

"How did you see me ?!" Dib snaps at Zim, arching his eyebrow in disappointment while stepping out from the bush.

"Your.. hair was sticking outside the bushes ?" Zim looks at Dib in amusement, smirking slightly at how dumb he was behaving. Dib only flinched at his answer, looking at his long spiked hair patting it down until it was to it's original state. The geek made a sound before turning towards the irken, pointing his finger.

"Where were you during recess ? I didn't see you in the cafeteria." Dib stept closer to Zim in curiosity, Zim however didn't move.

"That's none of your business, Dib-stink. Zim has his own interests and plans." Zim lifted up his eyebrow, easily intimidating Dib of his tone of voice clearly stating he isn't messing around. Dib got the message.

Dib's eyes wandered down to the umbrella Zim was holding, the alien noticed and he began hiding it behind his back in a protective way thinking he might snatch it from him.

"Where did you get that umbrella ? Pretty sure that is [Y/N] property." Dib kept stepping closer to Zim, getting the conclusion he might've kept you inside his house causing him to sweat hoping it was not true.

"[Y/N] gave it to me." Zim replied with a snarl, clenching his fist as Dib suddenly froze in place, tilting his head having trouble to believe his statement.

"Why do you ask Zim anyway ? Zim knows nothing about this filth [Y/N]." Zim kept filling lies in Dib's head, however Dib was easily not convinced because it was the one and only Zim. Dib rolled his eyes, fiddling with his jacket looking Zim straight in the eyes.

"Because she is my friend, and she seems.. like a really nice person." Dib finishes slowly trailing his words, averting eyes with Zim only earning a 'huh' sound from him in the distance. The boy genius then sharply glared at Zim, suddenly stepping way to close in his face eventually pushing Zim against the door with his one hand.

Zim was totally caught out of guard, looking back at Dib with surprise, his eyes holding mix feelings as he pressed himself more against the door trying to avoid any further physical contact with him.

"What is this foolery ?!" Zim barks at Dib with full anger, hating the thought of getting intimidated by this human of a waste. Zim was slightly shorter than Dib so it was easy to say he could use his PAK legs for this kind of situation.

Dib only inhaled then exhaled at his reaction, out of the blue pushing his both hands against Zim's shoulders earning his full attention and awareness.

"Listen here Zim, I don't want you to get close to [Y/N] and get her mixed up with your manipulative species. She is a really great person and I won't allow you to hurt her in any way possible. If you want something from her you need to get through me first, Zim."

Dib said with full seriousness in his voice, his eyes holding a cold gaze as his glasses were shining with danger as he continued to look at Zim.

"Don't think you scare Zim, Dib." Zim only glares harder back, finally activating his PAK legs getting easily lifting from the ground. Zim forcefully pushed Dib back to the ground in a non caring way, feeling this sudden unexplained feeling rush throughout his body, clenching his zipper teeth hard as he bore his eyes into Dib.

"Now, I'll make sure I will mark her." Zim whispers to himself devilishly, loving the thought of getting Dib furiously mad. Dib only growled, standing back on his two feet dusting himself off not holding back his frustration.

"I made myself clear. I warned you." Dib reassured himself and Zim, giving him one more look before he turns his back to the alien and began walking away. Zim lowered himself to the ground as he inactivate his PAK legs.

"This.. [Y/N] seems awfully important to Dib." Zim thought to himself rubbing his chin, feeling revenge rise within.

"He won't get to her first." Zim looks down at his gloved fist, bitterness and jealously lacing in each word he spoke.