15| Spill The Tea, Miss Pierce

Start from the beginning

    We walked into the main cabin and made our way over to the stack of plates. There was a breakfast bar this morning, kind of like the mediocre ones at hotels. Gracie grabbed a mere bowl of cereal, telling me that she would wait for me at the table. So I was left alone to get my food. I grabbed a banana and placed it on my plate, then feeling a warm hand land on my shoulder.

    My heart raced, and as I turned around, it was exactly who I expected. Noah shot me a small smile. "How you doing, Pierce?" He asked.

    "Fine," I managed to breathe out, turning back to the food and quickly grabbing a bagel and some packaged cream cheese. "None of your concern, Locke, but I'm hungry. Gotta go."

    I quickly excused myself before Noah could muster up a reply. I wanted to avoid him, that was, until the daily activities started back up. I don't think I would be able to be around him normally right now.

    As I took a seat across from Gracie, she was looking at me weirdly. So was Cayden who sat beside her, and Rose, too. "Oh my god, seriously?" I asked. "Can we go 1 minute without any of you looking at me like I have a fucking penis growing from my head?"

    "Sorry," Cayden muttered. "We just couldn't help but notice that awkward encounter... between you and Noah."

    "It wasn't awkward. Just a normal encounter of hatred," I said, peeling open my banana. I wanted to avoid the subject, but judging by their expressions, they weren't going to give up so easily. I groaned. "Okay, can someone just say what you're all thinking?"

Rose sighed. "We all think... that something happened with you and Noah last night—"

"And we think that for many reasons!" Cayden chimed in. "First of all, Noah didn't tell me anything last night. He was happy, but he didn't say anything. Second of all, you didn't tell Gracie anything, and third— you're acting all weird. And that interaction was not even remotely normal."

"Did you two, like... get intimate or something?" Gracie asked, and my eyed widened and mouth gaped.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" I questioned, and she just shrugged. "Oh my god, no! That's so... ugh, no, that didn't happen at all! And it would never happen!"

"Then what did?" Gracie asked. "You tell me everything, Log. Why can't you tell me about this?"

I sighed and set my banana down. "Okay, if I agree to tell you all what happened, will you stop bugging me about it? And will you not interrogate me anymore today?"

"Fine," Gracie sighed. "Just spill!"

"I need to know, Logan. I just need to," Cayden said, sipping his coffee. "Spill the tea, Miss Pierce."

✯ ✯ ✯

    After telling Cayden, Rose, and Gracie everything that happened last night, they completely disregarded their promise to not interrogate me. They pried, and they kept asking questions about the whole thing. So I just told them the truth of how I felt: that I couldn't be friendly with Noah anymore. I didn't want to be, did I?

    Although they tried to talk me down, I convinced them to stop intervening. And now I stood by them as Coach D and Coach Reid started to explain what we were going to be doing today activity-wise. Apparently, the big event was a scavenger hunt. Great.

I had been hoping for some more volleyball, or group activities. But, unfortunately, I was going to have to spend the majority of the day alone with the one person I wanted to avoid the most. This was going to be great.

Coach Reid came around and handed each pair a sheet. It was a list of all of the items we had to find on the scavenger hunt. Basically, the pair to come back with all of the items first would win, but everyone had to find all of the items. And the coaches were timing us, too, which seemed a little pointless. Actually, the entire thing seemed pretty pointless to me.