Chapter 17

Chapter 17

(Cathy)

I was okay to go to work the next day. It's gonna take more than a black eye and a knot on my head to stop me. A bounty hunter basically chase down criminals and fugitives and hands them over to the police and we get rewarded for it. Basically I help the police find suspects they are looking for. But what I do isn't easy and sometimes I get hurt or injured. Most of the time it isn't serious. I been doing this a few years now and the worst that ever happened is I broke my foot and got a concussion. I only use my gun if I really need to. I could have shot plenty of people but I choose not to. I have gotten beat up a couple of times on the job. You can't win against everyone. But by lunch time my team and I were chasing a suspect around town. He actually escaped from prison months ago. It took a little time but I found him. We been chasing him a while and I could tell everyone else was getting tired but not me. I have a lot of energy and I'm very fit. I spotted Carrie and Destiny and some man down the street. I could tell he was running towards and was going to grab one of them up and probably threaten them. I thought quick and I swung on a tree branch and then I jumped on him and tackle him to the ground and they look back as I put the cuffs on him and my partner finally caught up and was gasping for air.

Carrie: I guess your working

Cathy: Yeah

Girl: You should have seen the impressive move she just did

Destiny: Be careful okay baby

She kissed my cheek then she walked off with her mom and the guy across the street. I took the guy back to the prescient then I went home early because I was sore. I didn't notice my elbow was bleeding until my friend pointed it out. It was bust open. After taking care of it I laid down in bed and fell asleep.

*************************************

(Kay)

I been talking to this Peggy girl all day and she was really sweet. I told Cathy do a background check and I was happy there were no red flags. She seems like a normal girl for once. I'm tired of relationship drama and I'm almost thirty and I want to settle down and get married to someone decent. I'm sick of my heart getting broken and being in abusive relationships. I'm sick of the lies and the cheating. Destiny and I had something special but sometimes you just fall out of love with people. But I'm going to take Peggy on a date tonight and see where it goes. Hopefully she's the one.

Author Message

Thanks for reading everyone and hope you enjoyed the chapter and enjoying the story so far. Don't forget to vote and comment and stay tuned everyone