"Excuse me?" She said, not expecting to hear those unfriendly words from his mouth. At least not after she thought that they made some progress in their so called friendship.

"You heard me." Draco shrugged. "Keep pushing people away and the only friend you'll have will be your secrets."

Juliette was taken aback by his straightforward words which actually sounded too rational and intelligent for her liking. She wasn't going to admit it. Not even to herself.

"I don't have secrets. I simply don't want to talk about my problems." She answered, looking a bit upset after hearing his words.

Draco opened his mouth but Juliette interrupted him before he could even say anything, "Please." She said, insisting that he dropped the subject.

Her breath hit Draco's neck, due to her height, and a warm feeling spread over his shoulders before disappearing so suddenly. He took a step back as if he stumbled into a brick wall.

Juliette took a deep breath, feeling a bit more relaxed now that he wasn't so close.

Draco stood there for a short moment, silently looking at her with his silver blue eyes. The more he looked, the more he noticed the dark circles under her eyes.

"Fine." He merely said and walked past her without another glance. His shoulder brushed against hers, and that was the last trace of his presence before she was left alone near the Great Hall's entrance.

Draco

He walked as if his temper was furiously pushing him down the corridors. Blaise was having a trouble keeping up with him.

"So, how did it go?" He asked, looking at Draco's side profile only to see his furrowed eyebrows. "Or should I even ask?"

"Same as usual." Draco answered, slowing down so he could talk to Blaise properly. "She doesn't tell me anything."

Blaise shrugged, thoughtfully pursing his lips. "Well, she actually doesn't have to. What you're asking might be personal." He tried to reason with Draco in hopes of calming him.

"Personal." He scoffed, finding Blaise's excuse dubious.

Which part of fainting can be so personal? He thought to himself. Something's going on with her.

They descended the stairs to the dungeons where the Slytherin common room was located.

"Why does your father want you to befriend her anyway?" Blaise asked, remembering the time Draco told him about his reason to get close to Juliette a few weeks ago.

Draco dismissively shook his head. "Not just my father. I told you, it was mostly her father who suggested it."

"Yeah, but why?" Blaise asked, sounding genuinely confused.

Draco became too quiet all of a sudden. His pace slowed down and his shoulders slumped in a fatigued manner as he remembered the evening at the Quidditch World Cup, two weeks before the school year started.

He was about to take his place at the Minister's box with his father, ready to watch the match in the breathtaking stadium when Gaspar Avery, Juliette's father, approached them. His father, of course, greeted Avery like an old friend. Well, as a matter of fact, he was indeed an old friend.

They had a brief talk about life, work and a certain meeting point after the match. Draco watched them carefully from a short distance as ominous dark shadows fell over their faces. It only lasted for a short moment before Gaspar Avery turned to Draco with a smile.