I looked up with bloodshot eyes and stared at the people who cared for me leave the room. They were begging me with their eyes yet they didn't say anything anymore. I guess they knew what it felt like to be lied to.

They wanted me to stay, but could I really stay with someone who doesn't trust me? The foundation of any relationship was trust yet ours lacked that. Meaning that there was no basis for any relationship. At least, not anymore.

Why did he do this? Why? When everything was going so well. We had finally become close, but he had to ruin it. There was no going back. What's lost can never be found again.

It can still be found, a voice whispered. The more reasonable part of me. But I ignored it, I didn't need any advices. I'm gonna leave, I've made up my mind already.

He certainly didn't care. He showed no remorse for his actions neither did he try to apologize for lying to me. I couldn't live with him anymore.

I accepted him, I tried to make the marriage work yet all he did was try to hurt me. I was the one who tried all this time but not anymore. Yet a part of me wanted to forgive him.

His face popped up in my head. The way his multicolored eyes shine when he smiled, his dimple showing with that chiseled jaw. It amazed me how he looked a greek god. He was too handsome for his own good but I wasn't gonna fall for his charms anymore.

I was conflicted, hurt, angry yet confused at the same time. A part of me wanted to forgive him but a stronger part of me wanted to let go. Forget about everything and start over.

I can never fit into his life anyway. He's a prince and I'm a commoner. He came from the royal family while I was from an average family. He's super rich and I barely have a penny to my name. He's devilishly handsome while I have average looks. He goes out with convoys while I take the bus. He's bodyguards to protect him, I have my dad. He can have anything he wants with a snap of his fingers while I had nothing. He doesn't care about anything and I care too much about unnecessary things.

Our differences were too much. They were staring at me right in the face. We can never be together, not anymore. But opposite attracts, I remembered. Is this really fate? Are we really destined to be together? Or is leaving him my fate?

What about the promise you made to his sister, the promise you made to your parents, the promise you made to yourself? A small voice at the back of my mind whispered yet again.

'Be merciful to others and you will receive mercy. Forgive others and Allah will forgive you.'

The more forgiving part of me quoted my favorite Qur'an verse. It was that voice. The voice that I wanted to ignore so bad yet I couldn't — I chose not to.

***

It's Friday morning. Five days since I learnt the truth. Five days of torture. I decided to stay. But I wasn't gonna forgive him that easily, even if I did, I would never forget.

To forgive someone for something they had done is hard, but to forget is even harder. I possess no strength to forget anything at the moment. Heck, I don't even know if I can even forgive him talk less of forgetting.

I had successfully avoided him for the past five days except for the regular meals. It was hard but I tried. I wake up extra early and sleep early. I spend most of my time exploring the castle or chatting with my sisters in-law.

Today was no exception. I woke up extra early and got myself ready. Upon reaching outside, I smiled. It was my escape. I slowly found myself going to my favorite place. The gazebo.

It was in the middle of nowhere. The place was enchanting. With trees everywhere and flowers of all kinds, it was a dream come true for a girl who loves nature.