Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7...

(The Next Morning)
"WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE MY BOXES OF SUGAR CUBES?!"
"OII!!! WHOEVER TOOK MY MIRROR IS FUCKING DEAD!"

I jolt out of bed as soon as I heard Fin and Gale's screams, got into my robe and went downstairs to eat breakfast but to my surprise no one was at the table and breakfast has not yet been cooked. Dylan came in the kitchen and looks at me reading my face knowing what to respond.
"Apparently, someone took Finnick's sugar boxes and Gale's precious mirror so Peeta is helping them find their crap."
And with that I start laughing but in a quit way so the boys don't suspect anything. Dylan takes a good look at me guessing that it was me who's done it and he starts to giggle while shaking his head.
"This is going to be fun to watch." he says
________________________________

Once I stopped laughing my ass off after what happened an hour ago, the scent of food comes hitting me right in the face. I checked and fixed myself in the mirror and skipped it all the way to the dinning room, just to be greeted with an enormous breakfast at our common table.

"Always the first one to join the table."
I turn around to his voice and see Peeta carrying as what I may be assuming is, the last dish filled up to the brim with pancakes. 

I lick and smack my lips together and say,
"Let me help you put the pancakes on the table."
Peeta laughs and declines my cheeky offer by taking a few steps backwards leading to the kitchen. 
"Yeah right not on my watch cheeky, go and call out the boys - breakfast is ready."

"No need to. You can smell the scent of food from Captain Hooks Ship, which is miles away." Finnick states out from behind us. With the rest of the boys trailing close by him. 

"What did I say about mentioning his name - EVER!!" Peeta says angrily.

"I'm so sorry Peeta." Finnick mumbles with embarrassment. 

"You better be. Now all of you sit down and eat, I didn't spend the whole damn morning cooking breakfast for nothing." Peeta says as he storms out of the dinning room; throwing his apron with anger on the floor. 

"Dude! It's his parents death anniversary today. Don't tell me you forgot about it?" Thresh states out in disappointment. 

Finnick face palms himself - Hard 

"Bloody stupid! I'm going after him to apologise." 

I place my hand on Finnick's shoulder before he could take another step. 

"I think it's best if you let him put out some steam. You know how upset and angry he gets especially on this day." I tell Finnick.

He nods with agreement and sits down at the table. 

I help everyone pass out each other the food, but surprisingly I wasn't very hungry. 

...Oh Peeta 

______________________________________________________

(After Breakfast) 

"All Done!" I say to myself as I dry off the last few plates, trying to carefully place them in the cupboard, which I fail to do. 

"Here, let me help you." 

Arms are wrapped around mine reaching out for the pile of plates from my hand with his chest so close to my back that I can smell his scent. 

I shiver and let my body loosen onto his. 

"Thank You Peeta." I turn to face him and smile.

"I apologise for this morning... I just... didn't want to make a scene... you know." Peeta says whilst looking down at his feet. 

"You don't have to apologise Peeta. You have every right to feel upset." I tell him as I take his hand in mine, caressing it. 

"Yeah and I'm sorry for being an arse Peet and forgetting how important this day is important for you... for us , it totally crossed out of my mind." 

For Us?

We both turn around and see Finnick with his box of sugar cubes. 

"Want a sugar cube?" He offers Peeta.

"Wasn't this morning's breakfast enough?" Peeta chuckles. 

"Take this as a 'Do You Forgive Me? Finnick Edition." Finn says handing out the box towards us. 

"I forgive you Bud. And you know I'm on a strict No Sugar Diet right?" Peeta says giving Finnick his cheecky look. 

Finn scratches his head.

"Erm.. Yeah might have forgotten that as well. Hmm.. Oh well more for me I guess." And he pops it right in his mouth. 

Me and Peeta laugh. 

But all I can think of is about what Finnick said to Peeta and what he meant by, 

For Us?  

________________________________________________________