I watch as she dries herself off before slipping into an oversize t shirt and underwear. She throws the towel in the hamper before accompanying me in bed. 

"Lets get away this weekend." I suggest, locking my phone and putting it on my bedside table. 

"Do we even have the time to spare?" She asks, pulling the covers up to her chest. 

"Just overnight. We can go to your cabin Saturday morning and be back the next day. We deserve a little relaxation." I say, looking into her eyes. I pout my lip ever so slightly, knowing she has a hard time saying no when I do that. 

"You're right." She says with a soft smile. "Lets do it."

Less than forty eight hours later, we were sunbathing by the water, as sand crept in places it didn't belong. Ellie turns over, letting the sun hit her backside. 

"Would you like me to lather you up?" I ask, trying to hide my smirk behind my towel. 

"You'd like that, wouldn't you." Ellie teases. After a few seconds she speaks up again. "Actually, if you wouldn't mind." She asks, turning her head to face me, her eyes squinting as the sun caught her in the eyes. 

I gladly accept the bottle of suntan lotion as I straddle her hips, just below her butt. I shake the bottle a few times and brush her hair out of the way before undoing the ties on her bikini top. "Demi!" She yells, lifting her head off of the towel to look at me. 

"Hey, we wouldn't want you to have tan lines now would we." I say, this time not hiding my smirk. She lays her head back down onto her hands, letting me continue. I squeeze the lotion onto my hands, rubbing it a bit before applying it around her neck, down her arms and down down her back, stopping just underneath her bikini bottoms. I get off her, rubbing more lotion down her legs, making sure to get the back of her knee and in between her thighs. Once I'm satisfied by both the amount of lotion and the thorough rub down I gave her while applying it, I return to my towel, placing my hat over my face, feeling Ellie's eyes on me as I return to sunbathing myself. 

"Tease." I hear her mumble to herself. 

As the sun begins to set, Ellie and I gather our things and return to the cabin. After dinner, we take a shower together, making sure to wash the saltwater from our hair and the sand from our butt cracks. 

"Thanks for today, Demi." Ellie says, giving my cheek a light kiss. She pulls away, but the feeling of her lips linger for a few seconds. 

"No need to thank me. We needed a little time to ourselves." I admit, covering ourselves with the blanket laying across the sofa. 

"You know, I can think of a few ways we can enjoy this time by ourselves." Ellie suggests, letting her breath hit my lips as she leans in close. My lips curl into a smile as I bring my hands to her hips, anticipating what's to come next. She leans in closer and closer and just as her lips are about to reach mine, she tilts her head to the side, extending her arm behind me, pressing her chest to mine before returning back to her spot on the sofa a foot away from me. The sequence of events happen all too quick for me to process. That is until I notice the tv remote in her hand and a devilish smirk on her face. 

"I thought we could watch Supergirl and cuddle." She suggests, knowing exactly what she just did to me. 

I grab her ankles and pull her closer to me, letting my hands find her sides as they dance around her skin. She begins to squirm under my touch as laughter takes over her body. 

"S-stop, Dem-Demi. I'm s-s-s-sorry. Demi!" She screams in between laughter. 

When I decide she's had enough, I release her from my grip, holding my hands up beside my face to let her know I've surrendered. 

She moves further away from me, keeping a safe distance between my hands and her ticklish body, giving me quick glances every few seconds, to make sure I haven't moved any closer to her. 

She picks up where we left off last week, redirecting her attention to the TV. 

***

*Ellie's POV*

The weekend getaway with Demi was a much needed recharge. Like promised, we returned home the next day, well rested and less stressed. The bags under my eyes had noticeably decreased, and the stress headache I had been fighting for a few days had dissipated. A measly 36 hours by the beach, away from the city, with my fiancé acted like a reset button. 

Demi had experienced the same positive change after returning home. She was suffering from writers block a few days prior to the weekend getaway, but when she returned, she settled herself in her studio for hours at a time, where inspiration flowed. 

I wanted to sneak a quick peak at her progress. To read what she had been writing. But she guarded her writing journal possessively between her strong hands, not letting me take a single glance. I didn't push the subject. Although, her secrecy made me all the more curious. 

Just then, the dismissal bell rings through the speakers in my classroom. My students grab their backpacks from their cubbies and line up into a not so straight line. I do a final head count, helping one student tie their shoes and another fix the zipper on their backpack that was caught between a scrap piece of paper before walking them down the hall towards the front of the school. 

I walk a small group of students to their bus before I hand over the other group to their designated pick up person one by one. Within ten minutes, everyone is accounted for and safely handed off. I turn on my heel, returning to my classroom to pack my bag. 

Luckily, Demi and I don't have an overwhelming amount of wedding planning to do today. In fact, we only have one task this week. It's to pick our Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids. 

I toss my phone and water bottle into my bag before placing it on my shoulder. I turn off the lights and shut the door before making my way down the hallway. 

I lock eyes with Andrea from her office. I give her a small wave goodbye which she reciprocates. I step outside and walk to my car. 

As I'm fumbling to find my car keys in my purse, I hear a soft voice call my name from behind me.

"Eleanor." The voice behind me says. 

I turn around, dropping the keys that I finally managed to college onto the floor. "Mom?" 

___________________________________

dun dun dun. What's gonna happen between Ellie and her mom? 

I come to you all in a time of need. 

I want to know what celebrities YOU want at the wedding / would think Demi would invite.

Comment below who you think I should add to the guest list! Maybe they'll make an appearance in a future chapter!